2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
2017 Pacifica LX possible sweetspot 39.1 MPG!
I drive a mixture of extremely congested south Florida highway traffic and other city driving and I get 23 MPG with my 2017 gas LX with 38 PSI in the tires and I am an aggressive driver. I also drive a 31 mile trip on highway only and medium traffic on the weekends. I found a sweet spot, that if I put it on cruise control at 67 MPH, I get an outrageously high 39.1 MPG! See picture. If I drive at 74, I get about 28 MPG, so I am very pleased with the economy and power of this van! 11k miles on it so far no issues and can't see that it has used any oil either. My van has some sort of paint treatment that the dirt does not stck to it. I love this van.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I towed a 1500lb. U-haul enclosed trailer over 600mi recently and averaged 22mpg using 55mph cruise setting. The highway number w/o towing and the same 55mph cruise averages about 33 to 37mpg. My total miles on my 2018 L is now about 1500. Really impressed!

·
Registered
88 Posts
This weekend we took the PacHy on our first road trip from Phoenix to Flagstaff. Wanted to compare gas vs hybrid on a similar trip so found another posting from January 2018. We filled up and had a full battery and reset the trip. Left on a Saturday afternoon and returned on a Monday. Roads were clear and free of delays. We did charge up twice in Flagstaff. Once overnight when we got there, did some in town driving on Sunday, and again overnight for the return trip. I can't speak for the other person but I am a steady driver trying to be 5 mph over the limit. The speed limit is either 65 or 75 all the way. Just trying to compare Apples to Apples. 11700.jpeg 11701.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
We took a day trip up to Flagstaff from Phoenix. I zero'd out the milage at the beginning of the trip. Our journey starts at 1,000ft elevation and ends at 8,000 in just over 120 miles. I used the ACC all the way (except for that time the big truck freaked me out). I was very impressed with the number.
Here is apples to apples 11701.jpeg 11700.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am getting 16 MPG on my 2018 limited. I got 18 when I took a trip with highway. My driving is normal. What could be the issue? I am calculating based on what it is telling me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
MaxPowers,

You need to determine where the problem is: You or the vehicle, or both.

Vehicle: Is tire pressure at recommended level? Wheel alignment correct? Brakes not dragging?
You: On trips do you stick to the speed limits and use cruise control? Do you brake at the last minute or do you anticipate the need to slow down by coasting? Do you accelerate moderately or rapidly? Are you on and off the accelerator or have a steady pace? Driving with moderation in everything and a steady gas pedal is the ticket to good fuel economy.

Your driving habits are the biggest determinant of your fuel consumption.

Edit: Short trips/city driving in cold weather kills fuel economy. Hilly terrain is just as bad and the combo is terrible.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I am getting 16 MPG on my 2018 limited. I got 18 when I took a trip with highway. My driving is normal. What could be the issue? I am calculating based on what it is telling me.
Is it super cold where you live? I'm under 20mpg with this whole polar vortex thing and I have a lifetime average of about 27mpg over 30000 miles. The cold is hard on your stats!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just crossed over 3k miles and I'm only averaging 22.4 MPG, with a 70/30 Highway city split. The gas mileage is horrible, and that is with me driving like a grandma trying to get better gas mileage.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I just crossed over 3k miles and I'm only averaging 22.4 MPG, with a 70/30 Highway city split. The gas mileage is horrible, and that is with me driving like a grandma trying to get better gas mileage.
Something doesn't seem right here....I just did a big weekend driving from northern Illinois to northern Arkansas and back and got better than 34mpg for over 1150 miles. Had a slight headwind going down and a great tailwind coming 1/2 way back so decent driving conditions for a long drive.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Bragging....????
Okay beat this ....anyone..? :D. IMG_3591.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gas Mileage and Electric Range

Hi guys,

On gas Mileage I recently did all gas with no precharge on the battery and went 375 miles on 10 gallons of gas. Yep 37.5 mpg all highway mostly.

Picked up about 40 of that in recovered electric from engine on with light mechanical load and also down hills and regenerative braking.

Today my Pacifica Hybrid has 22,600 miles and I did a country drive at about 40mph average and went 47.9 miles on electric. I think its supposed to be 32 miles on brand new batteries so I hope you all get the same mile range.

Remember to keep the factory air in the tires. By the way I still have time left on my oil yet. Hardly use gas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Something doesn't seem right here....I just did a big weekend driving from northern Illinois to northern Arkansas and back and got better than 34mpg for over 1150 miles. Had a slight headwind going down and a great tailwind coming 1/2 way back so decent driving conditions for a long drive.
I agree, I think something is wrong. I had a 2018 Pacifica rental, from Baltimore MD, to Minneapolis MN, to Denver, CO back to MD last summer on a road trip. It averaged 27 MPG with 6 people in the car, a rooftop cargo box, and lots of luggage.

That rental inspired me to buy my 2019, which has been a major disappointment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 400 miles on my 2018 Pachy's current tank of gas and still have 3/4 tank of gas. It depends on how long you can keep trips under 30 miles but this tank I should get at least 80 mpg. So to answer your question of who needs a hybrid, smart environmentally concerned and cost effective people do!

A lot more sales of the non hybrids so a great car for a variety of tastes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't think to take pictures of the display. But I got about 31 mpg on a round trip - Cincinnati OH to Charleston SC -via I75, US 25 E (Cumberland Gap) US 58 (Daniel Boone Wilderness Trail) and I 26. I have a 2018 Pacifica eHybrid, so part of the drive was electric. It recharged as much as 10% going downhill from Blue Ridge passes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wrapped up a 30+ hour and nearly 2k mile trip across the Midwest. Very impressed by the mileage. It was as high as 28.7 and as low as 25.3 but parked in my driveway at 28.1. Not sure how accurate this readout is, but it looks nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 180 Posts