2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home this morning and the BRAKE!!! alert came on my dashboard, complete with the really scary warning sounds. Nothing was in the road and no one was driving in front of me. There was no reason for this alert to be triggered. Also, the blind spot light on the passenger side mirror was lit up for 30 minutes while driving. Nothing was in my blind spot and it finally just turned off. Anyone else have problems like these? Thank you!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hmm, were you near an exit/entrance? Was anything to either side? Any parked cars? Changing lanes? Hills? Speed?

·
Registered
496 Posts
It turns on because of an obstruction in front of you. If the radar picks something up and the computer calculates a possible collision, you get the warning. Could have been a bird or any number of objects.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That just happened to me in my 2017 Pacifica! I had been driving about 13 hours from a trip. Scared me to death! I was driving by construction though. Lots of cones. Perhaps one was sorta in front? But earlier a big ol bird flew into the front of my van. No warning or anything then!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
It turns on because of an obstruction in front of you. If the radar picks something up and the computer calculates a possible collision, you get the warning. Could have been a bird or any number of objects.
It doesn't recognize people or birds as per manual

·
Registered
496 Posts
Necroreply!

It doesn't recognize people or birds as per manual
It's not about whether an object is a person or a bird. It's about a return on the emitted energy. That's the basis of radar. If a return comes back and meets the criteria of the system, BRAKE! appears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I own a 2020 Pacifica Limited (all the bells and whistles ) and really like the van so far. I joined this forum because I have the same problem as the person above. The BRAKE!!! alert came on randomly twice in the last month, with nothing in front or around us. It about made us crash just because it was so startling. Is there anyway to turn this feature off? thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts