2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find that the cap on the brake fluid reservoir is really a pain to get on? For some reason I can get two of the tabs in and the third never wants to go. I eventually got it, but sheesh. Is there some trick, or what? My Jeep was similarly frustrating to get on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Anyone find that the cap on the brake fluid reservoir is really a pain to get on? For some reason I can get two of the tabs in and the third never wants to go. I eventually got it, but sheesh. Is there some trick, or what? My Jeep was similarly frustrating to get on.
Why are you removing the cap?

Unless you have a brake fluid leak (calipers, line fittings, master cylinder) you do not add any. The brake system is designed to operate with the level from the factory. As pads wear the fluid level is designed to go down. When low enough it activates a sensor in the reservoir to alert you to change your pads before they go metal to metal and ruin your rotors.

If your pads are worn and you added fluid because you thought it was low, in the future when changing your pads and you compress the calipers you are going to blow brake fluid out the vent in the cap and or rupture the reservoir if the cap is not removed. If it is removed it will overflow. Either way, it will make a huge mess and can eat the paint off the underside of the hood and firewall.

If no fluid was added, when new pads are installed will go back to the full factory level. This is normal.

Reactions: Van Go

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same trouble! Is there a secret to getting it back on?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never figured out the trick. Just kept fidgeting with it and cussing until I got lucky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts