2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited with ICE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The check engine light on my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica (Limited trim) went on this morning, so I headed over to AutoZone to see what fault codes their scan tool pulled. I got a P0456 code, which seems like a straightforward enough fix (and the kind of thing that would trigger a check engine light).

But I was surprised when a bunch of brake system codes were pulled too, e.g., C1223-01, C2222-68, C2101-17, C2102-00, C2100-16. The ABS light wasn't on, so I'm not sure how concerned to be about these codes. But should I be? Is this the sort of thing I need to have a mechanic look at PDQ, or can it wait a week?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,189 Posts
The check engine light on my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica (Limited trim) went on this morning, so I headed over to AutoZone to see what fault codes their scan tool pulled. I got a P0456 code, which seems like a straightforward enough fix (and the kind of thing that would trigger a check engine light).

But I was surprised when a bunch of brake system codes were pulled too, e.g., C1223-01, C2222-68, C2101-17, C2102-00, C2100-16. The ABS light wasn't on, so I'm not sure how concerned to be about these codes. But should I be? Is this the sort of thing I need to have a mechanic look at PDQ, or can it wait a week?
It appears you posted this in the wrong section. This section is for hybrids, and your van isn't a hybrid. C2102-00 isn't applicable to a Pacifica. I did find a C2103-00 so perhaps you mistyped it. The definitions for most of those codes are related to battery voltage being too low or too high. I would advise getting both batteries and your alternator tested. Remember that the batteries must be disconnected and tested separately.

Reactions: CANADAHYBRIDGUY

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
It appears you posted this in the wrong section. This section is for hybrids, and your van isn't a hybrid. C2102-00 isn't applicable to a Pacifica. I did find a C2103-00 so perhaps you mistyped it. The definitions for most of those codes are related to battery voltage being too low or too high. I would advise getting both batteries and your alternator tested. Remember that the batteries must be disconnected and tested separately.
I've been a member of Pacifica Forums for 3.5 years. I never knew we had to be so careful as to where we post questions. Good to know.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,189 Posts
I've been a member of Pacifica Forums for 3.5 years. I never knew we had to be so careful as to where we post questions. Good to know.
No one will shame you for it, and that wasn't my intent. You'll likely get more useful responses if you post in the corresponding section that's most appropriate for your inquiry. I don't own a hybrid, so I usually don't look in those sections unless I happen to see a thread where I think I can post a useful response. There are some things that only apply to non-hybrid models, and some that only apply to hybrid models - especially if it's related to the powertrain.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts