2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this van.

Chrysler was on me and my wife's "nono" list whilst car shopping for a 3 row CUV, simply because of the brand history. We drove a Pacifica, just cause they were so dam sexy, after driving just about every other 3 row vehicle (and the salesman insisted based one our 2 kid and huge-ass dog family). This was the same day I got my jollies in the much hyped Mazda CX9.

Later that night, in hushed an embarrassed tones, me and my wife admitted our newfound enamoring with the Pacifica. Sexy, utilitarian, powerful, quiet, FUN TO DRIVE - it met every checkmark on our shopping list. One week later we had one - a certified L+ with towing, safety, premium sound, nav, leather, and 8th passenger velvet red. I am still high as a kite.

We rarely see this model, let alone with this mileage in our market and so we jumped on a crazy deal. It did not come with floor mats so I have since added the cocoa WeatherTech laser fit 1-2 row mats. The UConnect, ride quality and cabin comfort, features, and adaptive cruise blow me away every day. Pretty much every in-law, even those with Lexus SUVs, are appropriately jelly. If this thing can last 15-20 years I will sing Chrysler's praises til the day I die :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hey welcome. Funny we too test drove the new CX9 and actually loved it. That turbo-4 is quite peppy :) But boy that 3rd row isn't fun with 4 kids LOL. Can't beat sliding doors and sexy looks to boot (on the Pac).

All that said, we went with the Pac TL+ "S" and l-o-v-e it. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I converted my ex-wife in similar fashion. I've been a lifelong minivan fan, but there was a time she wouldn't bury her worst enemy in a minivan. We went out test driving everything under the sun with a 3rd row, and NOTHING compared to the interior usability of a van. The Pacifica has a bigger interior than a Suburban.

If you don't need AWD or serious towing capability, there is no comparison.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I love this van.

Chrysler was on me and my wife's "nono" list whilst car shopping for a 3 row CUV, simply because of the brand history. We drove a Pacifica, just cause they were so dam sexy, after driving just about every other 3 row vehicle (and the salesman insisted based one our 2 kid and huge-ass dog family). This was the same day I got my jollies in the much hyped Mazda CX9.

Later that night, in hushed an embarrassed tones, me and my wife admitted our newfound enamoring with the Pacifica. Sexy, utilitarian, powerful, quiet, FUN TO DRIVE - it met every checkmark on our shopping list. One week later we had one - a certified L+ with towing, safety, premium sound, nav, leather, and 8th passenger velvet red. I am still high as a kite.

We rarely see this model, let alone with this mileage in our market and so we jumped on a crazy deal. It did not come with floor mats so I have since added the cocoa WeatherTech laser fit 1-2 row mats. The UConnect, ride quality and cabin comfort, features, and adaptive cruise blow me away every day. Pretty much every in-law, even those with Lexus SUVs, are appropriately jelly. If this thing can last 15-20 years I will sing Chrysler's praises til the day I die :)
Did you get an extended warranty?......I'm just sayin'......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Did you get an extended warranty?......I'm just sayin'......:rolleyes:
Very important point because 57k in one year is a lot. I don't buy a used car unless it has less than 12K per year and less than 30k total. Those are my rules. On top of that an Extended Warranty.

Anyway, Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I love this van.
One week later we had one - a certified L+ with towing, safety, premium sound, nav, leather, and 8th passenger velvet red. I am still high as a kite.
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you like the van at that mileage. I'm up to about 23,000 now. You can put the van info in the signature line of the UserCP and it will always show up. The build date (if you are curious) is on the edge of the driver's door. Some of the 2017s were built in 2016.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Very important point because 57k in one year is a lot. I don't buy a used car unless it has less than 12K per year and less than 30k total. Those are my rules. On top of that an Extended Warranty.
Nothing wrong with a low-mileage vehicle, but I disagree that it's a bad thing.

That many miles in one year means they're almost certainly highway miles. The OP would have paid substantially less for a van with that many miles, but it's likely sustained less wear than a car that accumulates that many miles over several years. I bought mine used as well, and have had great luck with late-model used cars in the past.

Not everyone can afford a brand-new car, and lots of us don't want to take that kind of depreciation hit.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love this van.

How good of a deal did you get with that many miles?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
triggerhappy007
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing