2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the Bridgestone warranty regarding the Bridgestone tires on my new Pacifica it says that OEM original equipment tires are not covered under any warranty. That's too bad because my last 2 Ford fusions at 20,000 miles the tires wore out and I was able to get substantial adjustments from the manufacturer one big Continental on one bieng Michelin in prorated premature tire wear. So if there is no warranty I hope these Bridgestone tires will last me longer than 20,000 miles since it appears there's no warranty available whatsoever.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bridgestone sold tires to Chrysler, not to you. Chrysler sold you a vehicle, and any warranty comes from them.

Remember Ford's rollover problem that got blamed on Firestone? Ford specified a low air pressure to get a cushier ride, and they got rollovers. Don't make the tire company take responsibility for things they can't control: OE tires aren't the tire companies' best offerings for particular vehicles, but they are exactly the tires that the car manufacturers want to put on their cars.

There was no warranty info. brochure in the owners packet (as was the case with my Fords) and at the Bridge stone website it says no coverage...
If the brochure in your owner's packet says no coverage, then that is your warranty info.

·
Registered
2020 Touring L 35th Anniversary Edition in Granite Crystal
240 Posts
I was just reading the Bridgestone warranty regarding the Bridgestone tires on my new Pacifica it says that OEM original equipment tires are not covered under any warranty. That's too bad because my last 2 Ford fusions at 20,000 miles the tires wore out and I was able to get substantial adjustments from the manufacturer one big Continental on one bieng Michelin in prorated premature tire wear. So if there is no warranty I hope these Bridgestone tires will last me longer than 20,000 miles since it appears there's no warranty available whatsoever.
Although Bridgestone does manufacture some good tires, this particular one isn't a long lasting tire. I had the 18" - at 4,000 miles I sold them for $50 each, went to America's Tire (Discount Tire outside of CA) and bought a set of Michelin LTX M/S. I've had this model of Michelin's before; they wear like iron. I've seen them simply not show any notable wear at 45,000 miles. They come with a 70,000 mile tread wear warranty, but I do not believe that they could be anywhere near worn out by 70,000.

I'm a big Michelin fan. Every time that the Space Shuttle landed, it landed on Michelin's. Every Michelin tire is x-rayed prior to leaving the factory to check for defects. Michelin, because so much is riding on your tires.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Took my OEM Bridgestones off and tossed them at 12000 miles. So bad on snow, we were risking our lives, literally.
Put on a set of Goodyear Assurance Weatheready and the difference was astounding.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We haven't even taken delivery of our limited yet and now you guys already have me thinking about winter tires as we just received 2" of snow over night with 1/4" of freezing rain on top of the snow.

Living in the northeast I've always been a believer in winter tires. As the roads have deteriorated considerably in NY over the last decade and so has the care for them in winter I'm considering a set of studded tires such as the Nokian Hokkapeliitta 8 or 9's.

Sounds like I'll also have to be thinking of replacing the summer tires as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts