2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

261 - 280 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed paint bubbles on my 2018 Pacifica Van hood. Never had this happen on my vehicles before. Very disappointed and now have to drive clear to Uniontown to begin the process of getting it approved to be fixed then have to drive clear back up there again to have it repaired. If this is an ongoing problem, wouldn't you think Chrysler would address it at the factory??

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Just noticed paint bubbles on my 2018 Pacifica Van hood. Never had this happen on my vehicles before. Very disappointed and now have to drive clear to Uniontown to begin the process of getting it approved to be fixed then have to drive clear back up there again to have it repaired. If this is an ongoing problem, wouldn't you think Chrysler would address it at the factory?? View attachment 43728
There is a great deal of information on this forum about this aluminum panel issue. Your dealer should be able to get it repaired at no cost.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I refuse to let this go and will not stop until they do the right thing and fix it... I'll go through greater lengths than most people would be bothered to do so it would be in their best interest to honor the corrosion warranty that I still have and get it fixed before they make the news regarding this problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well after Chrysler Corp denied my request I finally got the repair authorized after contacting Chrysler Cares and getting my case escalated. The service manager did the right thing and approved the repair so next week we take the vehicle in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I brought my 2018 in for a visual inspection. Service advisor took pictures and told me that he should receive a response within a week to 10 days. 2 weeks later, I had to bring it back because Chrysler, according to him, wanted couple more pictures. Almost a month and a half later, he has not heard anything back from Chrysler. He also said that another service advisor is also waiting on response for a couple other vans. I'm in San Diego area. Hope to get this fixed before the wife starts using the van as daily driver again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I brought my 2018 in for a visual inspection. Service advisor took pictures and told me that he should receive a response within a week to 10 days. 2 weeks later, I had to bring it back because Chrysler, according to him, wanted couple more pictures. Almost a month and a half later, he has not heard anything back from Chrysler. He also said that another service advisor is also waiting on response for a couple other vans. I'm in San Diego area. Hope to get this fixed before the wife starts using the van as daily driver again.
They know they have a real problem on their hands, this is going to cost them!

·
Registered
9 Posts
2017 Had the paint problem bubbling up. Had to take it in to shop. It was free to repair but needed to drive an old loaner for a week. I'm lucky I saw it on the hood. At first I thought it was just dew. How could a new car bubble paint like that? My car sits in a garage most the day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was washing the van with my wife tonight and noticed that our hood is now doing the same. We have a 2018. There is one bigger spot on the front left leading edge, but there are about 3-4 smaller ones right at the lip as well. Guess I’ll be taking it in to get looked at.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For those that had this repair done where they repaint, do they repaint the entire hood? Or just the front lip? I have some scratching on the hood on top where someone keyed it (grrr). Not sure if that will get fixed when they fix the bubbling issue.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
For those that had this repair done where they repaint, do they repaint the entire hood? Or just the front lip? I have some scratching on the hood on top where someone keyed it (grrr). Not sure if that will get fixed when they fix the bubbling issue.
Ask the shop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They painted the entire hood for us.... I really dont think they can do it any other way.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Regarding the hood corrosion discussion, there was a TSB released last year that assists with addressing this concern. If you have any additional question please feel free to follow up with us privately.

Lamar
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
203 Posts
After reading all the posts in this thread it seems that the hood corrosion issues are for the 2017 and 2018 models. Has anybody with a 2019 or 2020 model experienced this corrosion issue?

G.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chrysler Care, I’ve been calling my local dealer here in San Diego (Perry) but it seems like they’re just ignoring me. Initially brought my Pacifica on 28Apr. It is now the first week of July and they keep giving me the runarounds. Even talked to the service manager (Mike Nivens) but he’s no better than his advisors on keeping his words. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
796 Posts
Chrysler Care, I’ve been calling my local dealer here in San Diego (Perry) but it seems like they’re just ignoring me. Initially brought my Pacifica on 28Apr. It is now the first week of July and they keep giving me the runarounds. Even talked to the service manager (Mike Nivens) but he’s no better than his advisors on keeping his words. Any help will be appreciated.
To contact @ChryslerCares you need to hover your cursor over their name and then click on Message.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, my 2017 Pacifica is also full of hood rust bubbles =(

It has 36k miles, and I'm taking to the dealer this week also

·
Registered
49 Posts
got a quote from a couple body shops today like the dealer asked. Both said they are needing to replace the hood. Dealership set up the repair for next Monday. So looks like they will replace for me! Woot!

261 - 280 of 318 Posts