2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

341 - 360 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
How do these technical service bulletins work? I recently bought a used 2017 Pacifica and it has the bubbling on the hood like I've seen a bunch of pictures in this thread. Is it something that still might be covered under a warranty repair?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
How do these technical service bulletins work? I recently bought a used 2017 Pacifica and it has the bubbling on the hood like I've seen a bunch of pictures in this thread. Is it something that still might be covered under a warranty repair?
Yes. Chrysler is repairing all of them. visit to a dealer is required, preferably one with its own body shop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes. Chrysler is repairing all of them. visit to a dealer is required, preferably one with its own body shop.
Thanks - I'll make time to go by the dealership that has the body shop. It is the closest to me, but I usually drive past them to another Chrysler dealer if/when I need something.

When I bought mine, there was another 2018 sitting next to mine that had the same issue.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Thanks - I'll make time to go by the dealership that has the body shop. It is the closest to me, but I usually drive past them to another Chrysler dealer if/when I need something.

When I bought mine, there was another 2018 sitting next to mine that had the same issue.
Your dealer will take a photo, and send it to Chrysler for approval. Apparently they need to document every repair with proof that it was needed for the defect, and not some other mishap.

Get a loaner while it's in the shop.

Reactions: Andursun0013

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chrysler DOES NOT stand behind this repair. My 2017 Pacifica five year paint warranty, they say, does not cover my repair. The warranty on this known defect is not being honored despite my appeal. I am told the paint warranty does not apply to the hood, only the side panels. On a known defect. This new vehicle purchase was my first Chrysler purchase. I can guarantee you that it will be my last after this experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chrysler DOES NOT stand behind this repair. My 2017 Pacifica five year paint warranty, they say, does not cover my repair. The warranty on this known defect is not being honored despite my appeal. I am told the paint warranty does not apply to the hood, only the side panels. On a known defect. This new vehicle purchase was my first Chrysler purchase. I can guarantee you that it will be my last after this experience.
As an aside it took me hours of my time to only have FCA deny my warranty. Dealer to collision. Collision to dealer. Dealer to Chrysler warranty. Warranty to some other entity. Several non-responsive call backs. All in all very frustrated with the customer service on this warranty claim.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,049 Posts
Do you have another dealer you can contact about this?

What does the dealer say about why they are not covering the repair, other than it is the hood and not a side panel?

You are asking about the bubbling around the front edge of the hood? Have you shown them any of the documentation that has been provided here in the forums?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have another dealer you can contact about this?

What does the dealer say about why they are not covering the repair, other than it is the hood and not a side panel?

You are asking about the bubbling around the front edge of the hood? Have you shown them any of the documentation that has been provided here in the forums?
I do have another dealer I can visit in a month. It is the front of the hood bubbling like everyone else although I have a three by three spot that completely lifted off in addition to the bubbling. They did take photos to no avail.
However, I did not make note of the service bulletin on this issue. I will try again when I return to Minnesota. I have no real hope but will give it another shot.
I really appreciate the information on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Pacifica S with 21K miles. It has a bubble on the leading edge of the hood. Is this vehicle still eligible for warranty repair for the bubble?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
212 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Pacifica S with 21K miles. It has a bubble on the leading edge of the hood. Is this vehicle still eligible for warranty repair for the bubble?
Yes, and it should be still under the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Anti-Corrosion Perforation WarrantyAll panels: 3 years, unlimited miles. Outer panels: 5 years, unlimited milesThis warranty covers the cost to repair sheet metal that rusts due to corrosion from the inside out.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
There is some very specific reason Chrysler is denying your repair, as the manufacturing defect caused front edge hood bubbles would normally be repaired. Did they tell you that reason? Was a previous repair attempted? Was it damaged in an accident? There's more to this story.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No accident. No previous repair. No explanation other than “it’s not covered”. I know the dealer made zero effort on my behalf. The entire exchange left me frustrated. I am going to take it to my local dealer in Minnesota when I return there in a month and start anew.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
No accident. No previous repair. No explanation other than “it’s not covered”. I know the dealer made zero effort on my behalf. The entire exchange left me frustrated. I am going to take it to my local dealer in Minnesota when I return there in a month and start anew.
In your second post above . . .
As an aside it took me hours of my time to only have FCA deny my warranty. Dealer to collision. Collision to dealer. Dealer to Chrysler warranty. Warranty to some other entity. Several non-responsive call backs. All in all very frustrated with the customer service on this warranty claim
. . . what was that about? Who is "collision"? Seems the dealer made a big effort.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Collision. As in collision repair. The dealer service dept sent me to their nearby Chrysler collision center. Who sent me back to the dealer service dept. Who didn’t call me back. Twice. And then it took several phone calls to locate the pictures collision had taken. Warranty told me neither the dealer or the collision center had called her back after three days.
So, no, the dealer did not make any effort on my behalf. Rather, they are a part of the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, and it should be still under the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Anti-Corrosion Perforation WarrantyAll panels: 3 years, unlimited miles. Outer panels: 5 years, unlimited milesThis warranty covers the cost to repair sheet metal that rusts due to corrosion from the inside out.
Thanks for the information!

So I can/should be able to take it to any dealer?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Collision. As in collision repair. The dealer service dept sent me to their nearby Chrysler collision center. Who sent me back to the dealer service dept. Who didn’t call me back. Twice. And then it took several phone calls to locate the pictures collision had taken. Warranty told me neither the dealer or the collision center had called her back after three days.
So, no, the dealer did not make any effort on my behalf. Rather, they are a part of the problem.
Okay, for the record, I just wanted to clarify things for others who may have the hood bubbling problem. You started your posting here:
Chrysler DOES NOT stand behind this repair.
That simply is not true. Apparently Chrysler is not involved. They do not have factory sponsored collision centers. Your problem is with a specific dealer who just wanted to get rid of you. When you get home, go to a dealer that has their own body shop.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Thanks for the information!

So I can/should be able to take it to any dealer?
Just try to choose a dealer that has their own body shop, or at least a contract that shop that is familiar with the rather involved process to correct this defect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay, for the record, I just wanted to clarify things for others who may have the hood bubbling problem. You started your posting here:

That simply is not true. Apparently Chrysler is not involved. They do not have factory sponsored collision centers. Your problem is with a specific dealer who just wanted to get rid of you. When you get home, go to a dealer that has their own body shop.
It is true. Chrysler is NOT standing behind the warranty. Chyrsler does run its own body shop here. So a Chrysler dealership, body shop, warranty dept and an “escalated” warranty group. ALL Chrysler. Again, in my case Chrysler has been just short of worthless.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It is true. Chrysler is NOT standing behind the warranty. Chyrsler does run its own body shop here. So a Chrysler dealership, body shop, warranty dept and an “escalated” warranty group. ALL Chrysler. Again, in my case Chrysler has been just short of worthless.
You apparently do not understand the difference between Chrysler as a company and a dealership, which is not owned by Chrysler. I doubt that dealer ever even contacted Chrysler for authorization. Or if they did and got it, they (the dealer) decided they did not want to do your repair. Let us know what happens when you get home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You apparently do not understand the difference between Chrysler as a company and a dealership, which is not owned by Chrysler. I doubt that dealer ever even contacted Chrysler for authorization. Or if they did and got it, they (the dealer) decided they did not want to do your repair. Let us know what happens when you get home.
Oh, I do know the difference. Yes, Chrysler was contacted. I talked to them twice and got an emailed response. Regardless of Chrysler as a company, a dealership or a sponsored body shop, they all failed.
As I said, I am bringing it in to a local dealership when I return home to Minnesota in a month. And then will start it all over again there.
This forum has been useful re the number of the exact same issues and the service bulletins that I was not aware of. Very helpful. I am hopeful for a better outcome there.

341 - 360 of 369 Posts