2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Just picked-up the van from the bodyshop, they took the hood off the van to refinish it. Looks like new to me.

They did not want to compensate me for the 7 years ceramic coating from Vitroplus.....

Now let's bet on how much time it will take for the bubbles to comeback 😉
If the job was done correctly, never.

Reactions: Andursun0013

·
Registered
2021 Touring L AWD
15 Posts
Just picked-up the van from the bodyshop, they took the hood off the van to refinish it. Looks like new to me.

They did not want to compensate me for the 7 years ceramic coating from Vitroplus.....

Unless there was a visible chip causing the bubbling, I would give the new paint about one year.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Yeah, this is what is maddening to me. The dealer already told me "I've been back and forth with Chrysler on this, and they will NOT pay for paint protection film to be reapplied." Yet, I read a handful of posts here that say their dealer DID pay to have paint protection film reapplied after the hood was fixed. But whether FCA pays is not uniform, some do, some don't. And that's BS - either they should do it for everyone as part of their TSB, or not.

Of course, I think this is BS. Lots of people add ceramic protection or paint protection film because they want to take care of their vehicles, and it helps keep them looking good. (This is especially true here in the upper MidWest, where roads are horrible and rocks and things fly all over due to the harsh winters.)

Instead, through incorrect or inconsistent procedures followed by FCA (and other OEMs who are experiencing these same problems) when dealing with aluminum, our hoods and leading edges are bubbling and corroding and must be repaired. And through no fault of our own, we're having to pay to return our vehicles to the condition they were at prior to these issues to have paint protection film reinstalled or to reapply ceramic or whatever it is.

This is not a good look for Chrysler, but I doubt they care about it - those of us who have done these things to our vehicles and who have to pay out of pocket to have these things reapplied will likely think VERY hard whether they'll buy another FCA vehicle in the future. In short, they're not doing what's RIGHT here, at least not for everyone, and it's clear as day to those paying attention.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, my 2018 with 50k miles has this issue real bad on the hood. But I'm getting all kinds of push-back from Chrysler about repairing it. They want me to pay.

Is there some magic number I should reference or something here? As far as I can tell I'm SOL.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
248 Posts
Hey all, my 2018 with 50k miles has this issue real bad on the hood. But I'm getting all kinds of push-back from Chrysler about repairing it. They want me to pay.

Is there some magic number I should reference or something here? As far as I can tell I'm SOL.
You should be in warranty for 5 years 100.000 miles. But they can refuse coverage if thy believe it was from stone chips or scratches in the paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should be in warranty for 5 years 100.000 miles. But they can refuse coverage if thy believe it was from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
They are saying it only applies to to the 36k mile warranty, and that they have no bulletins or special notices to replace it under. So its normal service that I'm responsible for.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealership, but I also tried just the online chat with Chrysler customer care and they said the same thing. I'm surprised so many people got this done without issue.
It's not up to the dealership to deny or approve the warranty claim. They need to take pictures and submit it to Chrysler. Ignore what the chat agents say. If that dealership won't submit a claim for you go to a different one or maybe reach out to @ChryslerCares

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
They are saying it only applies to to the 36k mile warranty, and that they have no bulletins or special notices to replace it under. So its normal service that I'm responsible for.
Hello InsidiousGT,
The information that was provided by the agent & dealer is incorrect. If what you're experiencing is deemed as "corrosion" then the warranty period is 5 years.

In order to look into this further, please follow up with us privately that includes your VIN and the date of your most recent visit to the dealer.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you - PM sent.

I notified the dealer on 17-March of these concerns, and they have gone oddly quiet. Once again, the Service Manager is Matt Pickens, of Caldwell Chrysler, in Columbus Ohio.

There is an active case as well, but no resolution has yet to be made; and the case manager is unable to get a response from the dealership.

I would appreciate any assistance in this matter.
Just as a follow up, I am still waiting for the dealership to return my vehicle to factory condition, and finish the job correctly. At the current time, I am missing parts from the hood.

Upon completion of the repair, I'll be happy to provide a full timeline and sequence of events; but let's finish the job. Yes?

381 - 392 of 392 Posts