2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
401 - 420 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Can someone at Chrysler Cares please help?
I have a 2017 Pacifica that has the hood corrosion issue. I had this issue fixed a while back through Chrysler Cares and a local dealer. The dealer took pictures and sent to Chrysler for approval. They then told me to have my body shop of choice repair and bring them the bill for reimbursement. I did that and was reimburse. However, within just a few months the hood started bubbling again. I took it back to the body shop and they fixed it no charge. And now here it is again doing the same thing. What can I do to have this corrected? I don't feel it is the body shops issue.
At your convenience please follow up with us privately.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2017 Limited and noticed about six months ago bubbling of paint on the hood. Attempted to get a response from Chrysler Cusromer Service with no luck. We are in Germany with the military, contacted German Chrysler Service Center and they are waiting for Fiat Chrysler to determine if it falls under warranty, as noted in manual?
we have had no luck getting Fiat Chrysler to uphold warranty issues on the severe engine rocking, rattling caused by a faulty AC compressor housing, when first taken to dealer after 18 months but took Chrysler over seven months to get the part shipped, then Customer Service said car is out of warranty, even though problem was after only 18 months of ownership and multiple trips to service centers and sitting on dealers lot six months waiting for the part. No faith in warranty service, but feel Chrysler needs to uphold their paint warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2017 with 180,000. Right now Chrysler is again repairing my hood under warranty. They have painted it twice over the past few years and this third time agreed to replace it. In all cases the dealer body shop did less than stellar work and I reused delivery until they made it right. (They even botched the paint job on a brand new hood. There are divots in the clearcoat. Brand new sheet metal should look like glass, this does not.) The repairs seem to take weeks as they can't get the initial repair right and then have to fix their own crummy work. This time round they also were going to address paint issues on the rear door. After 2 weeks at the dealer they determined I was just going to get a new door the bubbling is so bad. Haven't seen that paint work yet, but my hopes are not high. Bottom line, the repairs only last a year or 2 and you will have to go back unless they give you new sheet metal. Keep asking for them to submit and find a good shop. It will save you time and money. My loaner cars this time around have been 300's. Not exactly the carrying capacity a hockey mom needs when she brings the goalie.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
So annoying to keep having to deal with that

Reactions: macdude22

·
Registered
1 Posts
My girlfriend just bought a 2017 Pacifica, we didn't notice the bubbling on the hood until we got home. It's dark blue. I called the salesman and he told me to bring it to the body shop. I walked in and they told me they were 4 months behind and to wait. I called another dealership and they said to come in next week.
So annoying to keep having to deal with that

·
Registered
17 Posts
My girlfriend just bought a 2017 Pacifica, we didn't notice the bubbling on the hood until we got home. It's dark blue. I called the salesman and he told me to bring it to the body shop. I walked in and they told me they were 4 months behind and to wait. I called another dealership and they said to come in next week.
Can you still return the van? I would if I were you. The odds of Chrysler denying the claim are higher than they should be. And if they do approve the claim there's a chance they'll just repair it instead of replace the hood. If it's just repaired it will most likely come back in the next year or so.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L
10 Posts
I found an area over the passenger side rear wheel well. The dealership submitted to Chrysler and my claim was denied. My hood also bubbled up and that was fixed.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
484 Posts
I found an area over the passenger side rear wheel well. The dealership submitted to Chrysler and my claim was denied. My hood also bubbled up and that was fixed.
From Chrysler

3.6 Certain Kinds of Corrosion Not Covered
Your warranties don’t cover the following:
• corrosion caused by accident, damage, abuse, or vehicle alteration;
• surface corrosion caused by such things as industrial fallout, sand, salt, hail, and stones;
• corrosion caused by the extensive or abnormal transport of caustic materials like chemicals, acids, and fertilizers;
• corrosion of special bodies, body conversions, or equipment not made or supplied by DaimlerChrysler Corporation or DaimlerChrysler.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The paint on my drivers door is now bubbling.

It took three repairs, 15 months, BBB, and ChryslerCares to make it 'right' when my hood bubbled.

Not quite sure what to do with the door. @ChryslerCares - your suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm going to add my 2018 Pacifica Limited to the list of vans w/Bubbling paint on the top and underside of the hood. We bought this in June from CarMax (Miami area) with 15035 miles. One dealer did an estimate for total hood replacement under warranty but the digital uploads were never done. So a month and a half later and still no answer, I tried another dealership one the suggestion of Chrysler Care. The new dealer is about a month backlogged to complete the paint sealant strip fix.

Crossing my fingers this will work.

Now on to the steering, shock strut, bushing thread.

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,447 Posts
I'm going to add my 2018 Pacifica Limited to the list of vans w/Bubbling paint on the top and underside of the hood. We bought this in June from CarMax (Miami area) with 15035 miles. One dealer did an estimate for total hood replacement under warranty but the digital uploads were never done. So a month and a half later and still no answer, I tried another dealership one the suggestion of Chrysler Care. The new dealer is about a month backlogged to complete the paint sealant strip fix.

Crossing my fingers this will work.

Now on to the steering, shock strut, bushing thread.

Cheers,
Have you followed up with the first dealer to see what they have heard? It sucks that we have to do all the follow up with the dealer, but from reports here, many dealers just wait for the customer to keep calling back for updates.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
484 Posts
I just finished w/Bubbling paint on the hood the other day. On 5/7/21 i took it in to the local Chrysler dealer had photos taken and submitted to Chrysler. Was told 6-8 weeks to get the approval. The body show was backed up. They asked me to bring it in on 8/9/21. They gave me a loaner Jeep Cherokee to use. 8/18/21 all fixed and looks good. The actual process was painless just time consuming. On a side note they don't have their own body shop. They subcontracted it to a local body shop that I'm very familiar with. The owner is a friend of the family and does great work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you followed up with the first dealer to see what they have heard? It sucks that we have to do all the follow up with the dealer, but from reports here, many dealers just wait for the customer to keep calling back for updates.
Yes, the Chysler rep for that location I had contact with only through text. He read the text but never replied to my questions. The body shop person that did the write up, showing hood replacement said it was up to the rep. Started this July 20th.

Second dealers body shop answered my call, with your coming in for your Pacifica hood? That rep said they've had all kind of issues with Jeep doors corroding from the bad seam sealant.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,447 Posts
The silence is deafening....
I'm not sure the drivers door would be the same issue. I know the hood and liftgate have the aluminium skins that are displaying the bubbling discussed in this thread. Not sure if the drivers door is also aluminium skinned. Take a magnet to the driver's door and if it sticks it is not aluminium, and would come under the regular corrosion guarantee. It believe you need to have a hole in the panel before they allow a fix under that warranty.

EDIT

I just tested with a magnet and the driver's door is steel. The hood, rear sliding doors, and liftgate all have aluminium panels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure the drivers door would be the same issue. I know the hood and liftgate have the aluminium skins that are displaying the bubbling discussed in this thread. Not sure if the drivers door is also aluminium skinned. Take a magnet to the driver's door and if it sticks it is not aluminium, and would come under the regular corrosion guarantee. It believe you need to have a hole in the panel before they allow a fix under that warranty.

EDIT

I just tested with a magnet and the driver's door is steel. The hood, rear sliding doors, and liftgate all have aluminium panels.
You're right - it is not the same; other than the paint is bubbling. Painting steel doors should be easy as compared to aluminum; yet the paint is bubbling all the same.

It really tells me that the van I have has a significant paint adhesion problem; and Chrysler hasn't been willing to step up and repair it correctly.

That ... is what I have a problem with.

·
Registered
2018 PacHy Limited, white, panoramic sunroof
24 Posts
Now it's the passenger sliding door that is bubbling up. Probably something wrong with the finishing process,,, car manufacturers are used to paint steel and plastic but looks like they have to do their homework to finish other materials properly so it last at least the time we pay the car...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Stick a magnet to the sliding doors you will find the outer skin in aluminum.

401 - 420 of 440 Posts