2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
421 - 440 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
sadly i found these this morning.... 2017 vehicle

So i finally got around to my dealer to address this issue. I did not seem to progress over thepast 7 months since identifying it.
I was very worried i would get push back from chrysler and or dealer and i had this forum ready for proof.

SO my SA has generally been pretty good. I showed him the issue and he checked the computer and said it was good i came in because i had "6 months " until something would expire and it wouldnt be covered. I dont know if he was talking about a body/corrosion warranty my car came with? Its a Jan 2017 purchase

anyways they sent to their body shop and repainted it. It looks fine now but i dont know how long this will last. I dont know what technique of repair they used.

I had clear bra on there and i guess that will be my own cost to put itback on.
One issue do have is the shop forgot to install the hood pad and all the plastic lining and rubber. I dont have time to deal with this so i sent my guy an email to have the parts ready so i can install myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The silence is deafening....
You're right - it is not the same; other than the paint is bubbling. Painting steel doors should be easy as compared to aluminum; yet the paint is bubbling all the same.

It really tells me that the van I have has a significant paint adhesion problem; and Chrysler hasn't been willing to step up and repair it correctly.

That ... is what I have a problem with.
Still - silence from ChryslerCares.

Silenco.

Guess my van is intended to have that Delorean look, minus the gullwing doors, and unpainted steel ripe for rust....

·
Registered
159 Posts
anything?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 with 180,000. Right now Chrysler is again repairing my hood under warranty. They have painted it twice over the past few years and this third time agreed to replace it. In all cases the dealer body shop did less than stellar work and I reused delivery until they made it right. (They even botched the paint job on a brand new hood. There are divots in the clearcoat. Brand new sheet metal should look like glass, this does not.) The repairs seem to take weeks as they can't get the initial repair right and then have to fix their own crummy work. This time round they also were going to address paint issues on the rear door. After 2 weeks at the dealer they determined I was just going to get a new door the bubbling is so bad. Haven't seen that paint work yet, but my hopes are not high. Bottom line, the repairs only last a year or 2 and you will have to go back unless they give you new sheet metal. Keep asking for them to submit and find a good shop. It will save you time and money. My loaner cars this time around have been 300's. Not exactly the carrying capacity a hockey mom needs when she brings the goalie.
I just bought a used 2017 Pacifica with 36k miles, and it has a few corrosion spots on the edge. Is this a Chrysler warranty, or with the place you had the repair done?

·
Registered
2 Posts
From Chrysler

3.6 Certain Kinds of Corrosion Not Covered
Your warranties don’t cover the following:
• corrosion caused by accident, damage, abuse, or vehicle alteration;
• surface corrosion caused by such things as industrial fallout, sand, salt, hail, and stones;
• corrosion caused by the extensive or abnormal transport of caustic materials like chemicals, acids, and fertilizers;
• corrosion of special bodies, body conversions, or equipment not made or supplied by DaimlerChrysler Corporation or DaimlerChrysler.
What's this from? I'm new to Chrysler and my Pacifica. I'm interested in looking into it.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,447 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have noticed looking at older Pacificas in parking lots, this is a HUGE problem. Almost every one I see has a ton of bubbling along the hood line

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The repair was done but the bubbling came back and my dealer fought with Chrysler to get me a new hood. Finally the new hood was painted and installed and no more issues.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
484 Posts
21k miles since my first notification to Chrysler....still no resolution!
It took almost 3 months to get my hood fixed. About 2 months from my initial complaint until I got the approval from Chrysler and another 3 weeks waiting for a spot in the body shop and 1 more week to do the actual work. It looks good now and the body shop work was subbed out to my favorite body shop in town.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It took almost 3 months to get my hood fixed. About 2 months from my initial complaint until I got the approval from Chrysler and another 3 weeks waiting for a spot in the body shop and 1 more week to do the actual work. It looks good now and the body shop work was subbed out to my favorite body shop in town.
My van was in shop over 65 days to get my hood fixed, spanning a year, and included three trips to the dealer, and the involvement of the BBB with the GM of the dealership, as the dealership denied they were responsible for the quality of their work (regardless if it was subcontracted work or not).

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
484 Posts
My van was in shop over 65 days to get my hood fixed, spanning a year, and included three trips to the dealer, and the involvement of the BBB with the GM of the dealership, as the dealership denied they were responsible for the quality of their work (regardless if it was subcontracted work or not).

I think I would be looking for a different dealer. Most of my time was just waiting and when they took my car in was given a free loaner vehicle. I did not know they subcontracted the work until I drove by the body shop and saw my van there. This body shop is owned by a friend of my family all our cars have gone to his shop for over 30 years. I knew that day the job was going to be done right.

421 - 440 of 440 Posts