2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
481 - 500 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue as others so won't belabor it, but was surprised when I reached out to my local dealer (equipped with a collision/body center) that they would not process my claim and limit corrosion warranty claims to vehicle that were sold there. As a recent relocator to the area, I pushed back to no avail. Is this a legit objection to turn down warranty claims?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,104 Posts
Same issue as others so won't belabor it, but was surprised when I reached out to my local dealer (equipped with a collision/body center) that they would not process my claim and limit corrosion warranty claims to vehicle that were sold there. As a recent relocator to the area, I pushed back to no avail. Is this a legit objection to turn down warranty claims?
The dealer that summitted my claim and covered the repair did not have their own body shop and I did not buy it there. However I had taken it there for an oil change.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited S (gas)
30 Posts
I haven;'t been able to check yet. We only have this car now, and I can't figure out , other than spending money renting a car, how to take to the shop and leave it there for days
I hear that, mine is in now for uconnect issues hoping to have them do as much work as they can while they have it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hear that, mine is in now for uconnect issues hoping to have them do as much work as they can while they have it.
I hear ya too. I have a 2017, never had problems with uconnect, always worked perfectly... but lately started to be flaky... sometimes won't load the software, sometimes the screens in the back won't come up, or they come up and flash like crazy.. still out of 10 times maybe 1 is like that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking at some used 2017-18 Pacificas and thanks to this forum I knew to look for this pint bubbling. I am test driving one now with just a couple small bubbles and my question is, how long will it take for this to become a major issue? Does it spread and get worse pretty fast?

·
Administrator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,942 Posts
Looking at some used 2017-18 Pacificas and thanks to this forum I knew to look for this pint bubbling. I am test driving one now with just a couple small bubbles and my question is, how long will it take for this to become a major issue? Does it spread and get worse pretty fast?
I would not buy one with the paint already bubbling unless the seller/dealer agrees to fix it first. Any paint defects are going to get worse over time. How fast depends on how severe it is already.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would not buy one with the paint already bubbling unless the seller/dealer agrees to fix it first. Any paint defects are going to get worse over time. How fast depends on how severe it is already.
They offered $400 toward repainting the hood in the future at any time so that made me feel a little better about things but still unsure...

·
Registered
43 Posts
We got our 2017 in 2018 with < 5,000 miles on it. I never even noticed the paint issue until I saw it on this forum - went out and looked at my car and there it was! The entire forward edge of my hood is bubbled but so far no paint has come off in the almost-4 years we've had it. (Car is a salvage title or I would have taken it in to dealer.) I'm not sure that $400 is going to get you very far as you'd have to do more than just repaint the hood - they'll have to get rid of the "bubbles" first. That might be smart to ask them about before you agree.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer sent my 2018 out for repairs as they don't have their own body shop. This is a well known issue covered by warranty. I would not accept $400 as this may not fully cover the repair properly. FWIW, they did an awesome job on my Merlot with the triple coat paint. It is imperceptible that they did the work and looks great.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My dealer sent my 2018 out for repairs as they don't have their own body shop. This is a well known issue covered by warranty. I would not accept $400 as this may not fully cover the repair properly. FWIW, they did an awesome job on my Merlot with the triple coat paint. It is imperceptible that they did the work and looks great.
I’m glad they fixed, I’m sure the repair would ha been more than the $400 they were offering. I had mine done last year under warranty. My dealer also did not have their own body shop. They ended up subbing the work out to my favorite local body shop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2019 Pacifica has had the paint bubbling and chipping in its front edge for over a year now. We’ve brought it to the dealer for the issue multiple times but they keep saying they are waiting for an answer from Chrysler. It seems like they are doing nothing. This van has had more problems the. Any vehicle we’ve ever owned. It’s a 2019 there should be no paint bubbling. Who can I speak to about this other then the dealers that aren’t doing anything.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
my 2019 Pacifica has had the paint bubbling and chipping in its front edge for over a year now. We’ve brought it to the dealer for the issue multiple times but they keep saying they are waiting for an answer from Chrysler. It seems like they are doing nothing. This van has had more problems the. Any vehicle we’ve ever owned. It’s a 2019 there should be no paint bubbling. Who can I speak to about this other then the dealers that aren’t doing anything.
It took like 3 months from the time my dealer took the pictures to get the approval from Chrysler and another 3 weeks to get it scheduled into the body shop. They gave me a loaner while it was in the shop getting fixed another 1 1/2 weeks. My dealer was very nice about it. Over ! year seems excessive to me for a response.

·
Administrator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,942 Posts
Now that you have posted here you can send a private message to @ChryslerCares . Hover your cursor over their name in this post and click on Message at the bottom right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a used 2017 Chrysler Pacifica with 56,600 miles. It's got the same paint bubbling problem all along the front of the hood. I took it to the dealership to address an open recall and asked about the paint issue. (after reading through this and all the other forums about the same problem). He was really dismissive and when I asked about the corrosion warranty he said he didn't know anything about it. Finally he told me to call Chrysler Customer Service, which I did. My corrosion warranty ran out last month but the representative told me to take it back to the dealership and have it diagnosed as a manufacturers defect and then they could proceed with the case. Considering how many vehicles are affected I'm hoping this will resolve the issue and I can get the hood repaired or replaced.
Car Grille Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Chrysler dealer has had a paint bubble hood issue started on my Pacifica with Chrysler for almost 4 months now with no response. Is this normal? Thank you!
I'm just beginning the process, I've got an appointment with the dealership tomorrow, but Chrysler Cares has been pretty good at getting back to me promptly and I got a message on twitter from them this morning that they were going to work with the dealership. I wasn't really on twitter before this but I think it would be worth it to check them out and send them a message there. https://twitter.com/ChryslerCares I'm hoping it won't be 4 months before the issue is resolved.

481 - 500 of 511 Posts