2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 33 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Damoncaravanman, see differences in the 3 models at the following URL. They are basically just different heights/profiles around the hood. carid.com/images/avs/info/comparison-bug-deflectors.pdf

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Anyone know if a hood deflector is prohibited on Pacifica’s with advanced safety tech?
There is no such prohibition. The radar unit is the little globe looking thing in the center of the lower grill that you can see in the pictures of the Pacifica at the top of this forum. It's nowhere near the hood.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Resurrecting this old discussion in hopes that someone that has installed the AVS deflector has some pictures they are willing to share. Certainly seems like the Mopar one is a poor effort on their part by having the exposed screws. The Mopar one from my 2005 Town and Country didn't have these.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

·
Registered
742 Posts
Resurrecting this old discussion in hopes that someone that has installed the AVS deflector has some pictures they are willing to share. Certainly seems like the Mopar one is a poor effort on their part by having the exposed screws. The Mopar one from my 2005 Town and Country didn't have these.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
I have the AVS on mine.......somewhere on here I posted pics as this was in a thread?

·
Registered
742 Posts
here are pics of mine when I first installed it 18 months ago.....

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I put the MOPAR bug deflector on mine about a year ago. Honestly, while it does offer some protection on the leading edge of the hood, I really don't think it does anything for deflecting things away from the windshield. It is solid with no noticeable movement on the interstate, it's just not designed to deflect anything, despite its name. If I had to do it over again, I'd just go with the protective film.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I realize that this is an old post / thread. But hwy construction locally has me wanting one of these. Already got a hit big enough to dent the hood that this would've helped with. Looking for low profile / leading edge protection.

Do you know what version of the AVS bug deflector you have? I like the low profile of that one similar to OEM.

OEM unit is $250 CAD here, AVS units are $90-$110.

I've searched and searched but can't find any actual photos of the AVS other than what you've posted. Thanks for posting them!

·
Registered
82 Posts
AVS has a couple different model numbers available for Pacifica bug deflectors... Do you know which one this is? It looks nice!
Looks like AVS model # 21762

·
Registered
185 Posts
In the for what it's worth department, I live in Florida and we have tons of bugs to drive through. Without any bug deflector at all on my Pacifica, not many end up on the hood at all! The bumper, grill, and mirrors take the brunt of the bugs.

21 - 33 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
18 Participants
froglips
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing