2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a Pacifica but I really want to have DVD feature because my kids love it. But I am not sure if I should buy one with a built-in entertainment system or I can buy any car and customize one. Is it easy to customize? If so, any portable DVDs for Pacifica to recommend?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a Pacifica but I really want to have DVD feature because my kids love it. But I am not sure if I should buy one with a built-in entertainment system or I can buy any car and customize one. Is it easy to customize? If so, any portable DVDs for Pacifica to recommend?

Thanks,
John
In my option the worst thing you could do is get the overhead DVD player for $999. The Entertainment system with screens in the seats and plugs to play movies etc is perhaps worth it, but never the single overhead DVD (is it even Blu-Ray) player. There are a lot of systems you can get that attach to the seats for less than that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
In my option the worst thing you could do is get the overhead DVD player for $999. The Entertainment system with screens in the seats and plugs to play movies etc is perhaps worth it, but never the single overhead DVD (is it even Blu-Ray) player. There are a lot of systems you can get that attach to the seats for less than that.
We just give our kid his tablet. He like to play games most of the time vs watching tv or a movie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Agree.

The Touring L to Touring L Plus is not just an entertainment system upgrade. There are a few additional features:
-Auto-dimming mirror
-Passenger Power Seat w/ Stow Assist
-13 Speaker Alpine w/ 550W Amp (seems to be the sweet spot vs the $1000 HK 700W System)
-110V Outlet
-Perforated (more breathable) seats
-Some other things I can't think of right now

All of that is effectively a $3k option.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Agree.

The Touring L to Touring L Plus is not just an entertainment system upgrade. There are a few additional features:
-Auto-dimming mirror
-Passenger Power Seat w/ Stow Assist
-13 Speaker Alpine w/ 550W Amp (seems to be the sweet spot vs the $1000 HK 700W System)
-110V Outlet
-Some other things I can't think of right now
The difference between these two is my jam! I could write a paper about my fence sitting here.

(Not a complete list)
The L-Plus has:
115 v power outlet
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated second row
1 touch up/down windows in 1st and second row
Super console
power lumbar adjust in passenger side
auto dim rear view
rear ambient lighting
GPS Nav
Passenger Power Seat w/ Stow Assist
Fancy entertainment system with screens in the back
-- Includes USB second row
-- Includes 13 speaker with better sound cancelation
Premium Instrument panel (I think)
.. other things I didn't care enough about to make notes of

Some of the above is available as options in the Touring-L

·
Registered
214 Posts
The difference between these two is my jam! I could write a paper about my fence sitting here.

(Not a complete list)
The L-Plus has:
115 v power outlet
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated second row
1 touch up/down windows in 1st and second row
Super console
power lumbar adjust in passenger side
auto dim rear view
rear ambient lighting
GPS Nav
Passenger Power Seat w/ Stow Assist
Fancy entertainment system with screens in the back
-- Includes USB second row
-- Includes 13 speaker with better sound cancelation
Premium Instrument panel (I think)
.. other things I didn't care enough about to make notes of

Some of the above is available as options in the Touring-L
I think you forgot 8.4" uConnect Screen. The lower models have a 7" screen IIRC. Also, no HD Radio (the 8.4" adds it).

Yeah, throwing in GPS Nav in 2018-only made the Touring L Plus the sweet spot for us.

Considering the ridiculous price of some of the options ($700 for new rims?!?), this is a worthy $3k upgrade IMO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After reading your replies, I gave up the idea, thank you guys.

Now the question comes, where can I buy or customize headrest DVD/blu ray players? Which ones are best for Pacifica? Can it be connected with existing sound system? Also, how can I setup 2 because I have two kids.....

THanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
After reading your replies, I gave up the idea, thank you guys.

Now the question comes, where can I buy or customize headrest DVD/blu ray players? Which ones are best for Pacifica? Can it be connected with existing sound system? Also, how can I setup 2 because I have two kids.....

THanks!
The touring L+ comes with the built in screens, HDMI ports, and wireless streaming by chromecast. My plan is to just get a cheap Android Tablet, load it up with media, and you can directly stream it to the screens. I would not mess around with physical media.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The touring L+ comes with the built in screens, HDMI ports, and wireless streaming by chromecast. My plan is to just get a cheap Android Tablet, load it up with media, and you can directly stream it to the screens. I would not mess around with physical media.

I believe it’s miracast not chromecast, but many android tablets do support miracast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts