2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven’t seen a Pacifica with bumper guards but I decided to purchase the Broadfeet set from Carid because it said it would fit. Sure enough, it didn’t come with instructions so I had to figure it out as I went along. Here’s what they looked like when installed:

P.S. I’ll have to lower the front license plate now.

Attachments

Reactions: craig

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am interested in installing the bull bar only. Care to share the technique you discovered without having the instructions? I have a four post lift available.

Thanks in advance.

No problem! YouTube definitely helped although there wasn't a video of the Pacifica. I watched a video of the same bull bar installed on a Sienna. The mounting brackets are different but the concept is the same. The videos don't typically show the plastic covering so you'll have to remove that before you have access to the frame.

After removing the plastic covering to identify which 4 holes (2 holes on each side) on the frame, I place the plastic covering back on and using the drill bit, pressed it against the cover to locate the holes again and then drilled the 4 holes into the plastic. Afterwards, using my small hands, I installed the bolts into the frame and then the actual brackets to the bolts.

I didn't take pictures during the install so I hope this makes sense. The bumper has definitely paid for itself already because at least 3 cars have backed into it while parallel parking in this wonderful city of New York.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the bumper interface with the park sense? The website seems to indicate it will.
I have the Touring Plus model so I do not have the front parking sensors (only the rear ones) so I wouldn't be able to confirm that for you.

·
Registered
556 Posts
In New York, parking is done by braille.:frown2:
I watched a 'special' person back into a spot only half the length of his boat, and he just shoved the other car with his bumper to make enough room. Not unusual.
If I were wealthy, I'd watch for instances like that - they happen frequently - and then pay a tow truck to haul the 'special' car away. It'd be the least I could do....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Touring Plus model so I do not have the front parking sensors (only the rear ones) so I wouldn't be able to confirm that for you.
Just got both the Pacifica & the push bar but yet to install. I really hope it doesn’t interfere but I don’t have high hopes since it uses sound-sensors.
Can anyone weigh in?
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts