2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this referred to in a FB group post. Has anyone heard of this lifetime bumper to bumper warranty for the new Pacifica for about $2800? Also, what is a green sheet? thanks

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yes, I tell everyone and people in my fb minivan group have done it as well as I. Call the dealer and buy one, I spoke to Chrysler extensively and asked how are they selling a factory warranty so cheap and they stated the volumne they do in sales they are able to. Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today In fact it is 2750.00 for a Chrysler Pacifica for the lifetime maxcare, and if you call they actually will go lower.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, I tell everyone and people in my fb minivan group have done it as well as I. Call the dealer and buy one, I spoke to Chrysler extensively and asked how are they selling a factory warranty so cheap and they stated the volumne they do in sales they are able to. Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today In fact it is 2750.00 for a Chrysler Pacifica for the lifetime maxcare, and if you call they actually will go lower.....
So when I look online and get a quote for a 2017 Pacifica, new within 12 months they quote:
MaxCare Lifetime $100 deductible = $3730
I am actually looking at 7/75,000 w/ $100 deductible. They have that one listed for $1890.

So I'm not sure how you got to $2750 for Lifetime.

I'm going with a different company that we used before. Their price for both of these same plans are:
Lifetime w/ $100 deduct = $2935
7/75,000 $100 deduct = $1315
This includes 0% payment plan and if you call the price is reduced slightly... about 10%.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Based on other threads, it may be worth contacting Clay at Zeller Motors to get a quote. He supposedly offers the best prices on warranties. Doesn't matter where you buy it as long as it's a genuine factory backed Mopar plan, which is what he sells.

[email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't heard back from Clay at Zellers yet but am thinking he might quote around $2195.

As a point of reference, I was quoted $1295 by Hyannis Honda (one of the cheapest nationwide sellers) for a zero deductible 8 year/120,000 (D82) HondaCare warranty when I was looking at 2016 Odysseys.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't heard back from Clay at Zellers yet but am thinking he might quote around $2195.

As a point of reference, I was quoted $1295 by Hyannis Honda (one of the cheapest nationwide sellers) for a zero deductible 8 year/120,000 (D82) HondaCare warranty when I was looking at 2016 Odysseys.
Clay emailed me said he was on vacation be back monday

·
Registered
28 Posts
I followed the link from Damon and actually got $2,495.
For what plan? When I follow the link and enter New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica within 12 months of warranty start date the price of Lifetime Maxcare plan is $3435 ($200 deduct), $3730 ($100 deduct), $5640 ($0 deduct). Maybe the prices vary by state?

I'm actually looking for 7/75000 but they are more expensive on that plan too...

Did you have to call and negotiate a lower price?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've never purchased an extended warranty. Can anyone give a personal testimony as to what actually happens at the Chrysler service department when you need a warranty repair and have this type of insurance? Do they come up with a dozen reasons why YOUR repair is "special" and isn't actually covered? Do you need to bring a lawyer along just to get them to pay up? Does the dealer work directly with the insurance company or do they hand you the bill for immediate payment and it is up to you to get the insurance agent to pay you back?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've never purchased an extended warranty. Can anyone give a personal testimony as to what actually happens at the Chrysler service department when you need a warranty repair and have this type of insurance? Do they come up with a dozen reasons why YOUR repair is "special" and isn't actually covered? Do you need to bring a lawyer along just to get them to pay up? Does the dealer work directly with the insurance company or do they hand you the bill for immediate payment and it is up to you to get the insurance agent to pay you back?
We have bought about 20 new cars over the years and I hated the aggressive sales tactics for add-on's like warrantees. Recently, we learned you can pretty easily get the exact same factory warranties for about half what the dealers were charging. Plus, we tend to buy cars with tons of options. With our Pacifica, we had concerns about reliability being a 1st year model. We also got the Limited with lots of options so it made sense for us. We don't put a lot of miles on a car and tend to keep them about 5 years. Ended up getting a 7/75k with $100 deductible. The cost for us was $1195. Gives us a little more incentive to keep it longer.

When we were car shopping, we were looking at Volvo XC90 and it actually had a stronger 4yr/50k bumper-to-bumper vs 3/36k for Pacifica. I figure if the van price was higher by $1195 but included 7/75, I would have gladly opted for it.

I've done this with Ford, Volvo and a Chrysler T&C. Never had an issue with warranty work. Never had a contested charge. We rarely used it. One time a power window wouldn't roll down. Another time, a lighting issue. Of course maintenance stuff is not included like brakes, tires, battery, wipers.

Keep in mind, the extended warranties I'm taking about are genuine factory ones sold by the dealerships. Mopar one for Chrysler. I'm not talking about some of the shady 3rd party warranties.

Our instances are limited but we have never had problems with warranty work. Our biggest challenge with warranty work has actually been related to loaner cars as opposed to actual work needed.

·
Registered
746 Posts
So when I look online and get a quote for a 2017 Pacifica, new within 12 months they quote:
MaxCare Lifetime $100 deductible = $3730
I am actually looking at 7/75,000 w/ $100 deductible. They have that one listed for $1890.

So I'm not sure how you got to $2750 for Lifetime.

I'm going with a different company that we used before. Their price for both of these same plans are:
Lifetime w/ $100 deduct = $2935
7/75,000 $100 deduct = $1315
This includes 0% payment plan and if you call the price is reduced slightly... about 10%.
I don't know how you came up with that figure......are you in the US or Canada? I am in the US in Texas and my online quote is $2,730.00 for the lifetime max care warranty with a 100.00 deductable on a new Chrysler Pacifica, 0 to 12000 miles a year. If you actually call, they are giving another 250.00 off that price. So I don't know where you are going to get that same exact Chrysler mopar warranty for 2500.00 bucks. Now with the lower price you paid for a 7/75 warranty, is that the maxcare or just powertrain?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I see the issue. I am in FL. The prices were different when I tried Texas. Texas was much lower than Florida. I assumed the pricing was the same regardless of state.

We don't put many miles on a car and tend to only keep a car for 3-4 years. I ended up getting a 7/75000 plan today in case we keep it longer than 4 years.

The Ziegler price in Texas is $1295. The site we ordered from was $1315 (but charged $1195 when I called in). Their online price includes a payment plan and they discount if paid in full on credit card.

Seems like they are both very similar. Florida is an odd ball. Both seem well regarded and credible.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
When you paid for the warranty, how are they verifying what state you are in for the price on the website? Ie. Florida vs Texas?

·
Registered
746 Posts
They can see with the VIN where it is registered, also, when you buy it they will see your registered address. I really don't understand why the price is different between the states.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts