Registered
35 Posts
break it down by-

MSRP
Dealer Discount
Factory Rebates
Dealer fees
Dealer add-ons

TTL are sunk costs so don't worry about those. If you are financing also consider your interest rate if you do not plan to refinance. If you plan to refinance and there is no-

pre-pay limitation, and
pre-pay fee

then your interest rate for dealer financing isn't as relevant

·
Registered
35 Posts
And I would be wary of the 2k miles, is the dealer saying they've never registered their demo vehicle and selling it as "new"? Does ALL the paperwork agree with that claim? If the paperwork says otherwise walk away, you probably won't get your tax benefits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. Thanks for setting back so fast. Here are the details:

MSRP - 47,985 (Limited + sunroof + electronics with upgraded stero, dvd player, etc., includes destination charge)

Dealer discount - 2,485
Incentives - 3,500
Net - $42k

They are saying they've never titled the car and are selling as new. Said they just used it as a demo. I'm driving out tomorrow or Wed to pick it up so I have a bit of time to process all this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Net - $42k

They are saying they've never titled the car and are selling as new. Said they just used it as a demo. I'm driving out tomorrow or Wed to pick it up so I have a bit of time to process all this.[/QUOTE]

I bought one last month with 27k miles for $30k even. Just had to wait 2-3 months for the right deal to fall and then pounce quick. It's in perfect condition.
I'm in Florida but bought in Alabama. Prices vary regionally slightly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi guys. Thanks for setting back so fast. Here are the details:

MSRP - 47,985 (Limited + sunroof + electronics with upgraded stero, dvd player, etc., includes destination charge)

Dealer discount - 2,485
Incentives - 3,500
Net - $42k

They are saying they've never titled the car and are selling as new. Said they just used it as a demo. I'm driving out tomorrow or Wed to pick it up so I have a bit of time to process all this.
That's a horrible deal for a car with 2k miles on it. I would offer them 35k plus TTL. People are getting 19s with ~0 miles for around $40k.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I bought one last month with 27k miles for $30k even. Just had to wait 2-3 months for the right deal to fall and then pounce quick. It's in perfect condition.
I'm in Florida but bought in Alabama. Prices vary regionally slightly. Hope this helps.
I'm thinking of buying out of state too. What was that process like? If you don't mind sharing, that is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That's a horrible deal for a car with 2k miles on it. I would offer them 35k plus TTL. People are getting 19s with ~0 miles for around $40k.
Where? A Nationwide search for new ones on AutoTrader just now shows just two listed under $45k and they are $42k and $43k (with a lot of "processing", "freight" and other BS fees explicitly not included in that price).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where? A Nationwide search for new ones on AutoTrader just now shows just two listed under $45k and they are $42k and $43k (with a lot of "processing", "freight" and other BS fees explicitly not included in that price).
In CA when they had multiples in stock. There's a $2500 rebate on the Limiteds. It's reasonable to negotiate $5k off sticker then $2500 rebate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm thinking of buying out of state too. What was that process like? If you don't mind sharing, that is.
It's not been smoothe. I have been in a registration purgatory due to titling issues / consignment sale / out of state registration. It's been fully insured since day 1 so not worried. I've wasted a few visits to DMV waiting for all paperwork to arrive, but at the price you saw I got its still worth it. My last 3 cars I've waited until the vehicle and options came to my price point then pounced. This was a steal. Only go out of state for a bargain or value after considering all economical factors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just closed the deal on my new 2018 Pachy Limited. Possible I could have worked for a better deal but the numbers made sense to me especially with the $7500 tax credit.

Options: 20 speaker audio, Advanced safety tec, UConnect Theater, Keysense, 18" Polished wheels

MSRP(includes destination): $48,280
Dealer Discount: $6,030
Factory Rebates: $2,500
Sales Price: $39,750
Dealer fees: $99

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
14 Participants
deathbyburrito
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing