2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking for months since deciding between an Odyssey, Sienna or Pacifica. Thanks all for your info and insight!

I'm buying a new 2018 Hybrid Limited - reading recent threads I see issues with the prawl and the 12v battery.

In layman's terms, what should I ask to have double checked before my van leaves the dealer's lot to help avoid having to have it towed right back a few days after I have it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ensure the 12v battery is load tested and ask to see results of test. Several have bought 18s with dead batteries, including me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. What results should I be looking for from the load test to confirm the 12v is okay or not?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The 12V battery isn't terribly expensive or hard to replace part. It didn't concern me at all. What is more important is that the HV battery probably wasn't kept at the recommended long term storage state of charge (40%), and this would shorten its life. It would be hard to find a 2018 with desirable options and the pricing doesn't seem too attractive taking into consideration the 1 year depreciation and features added in 2019.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts