2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I vaguely recall posts stating something to that effect a few years ago when the forum was new and lot of people were ordering their vehicles. If anyone knows a definitive answer, I would appreciate it. I'm planning on calling my dealer but no offense to my salesperson or dealer, but I expect them to take the lazy way around it and tell me "No, we'll let you know as soon as the car is in". If I'm armed with the info that it can actually be tracked, I won't stand for their stalling tactics. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Maximum Steel PHEV Pinnacle (being built)
57 Posts
there is this website:https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=XXX, where the XXX are you vin number. However, i found it was not really accurate.

My dealer has been able to provide me updates, but i have to ask weekly. The one that has me annoyed is the inability to know when the vehicle will ship from Canada. My vehicle has been done and released to ship back in Dec. It is currently waiting for a shipping date. Why is that so hard to figure out? I asked that question to the FCA customer care (FCA Chrysler), they do not care nor do they seem to know. The only response was, well it is handled by a 3rd party.

The FCA customer care site will give you a little more information, but they will only have the basics (ie in build, inspection etc..)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did this twice in '19 and had great luck (once for my Wrangler and once for my Pacifica).

1.You must have a VON (Vehicle Order Number) from the dealer. This is created when the order is created and should be on your paperwork if the dealer did everything correctly. Some dealers take your money and promise to order, but wait a few days. My dealer didn't let me put money down until the order was in the system.

2. Go to the chrysler cares website and start a chat (FCA Chrysler)

3. Give them you name, address, and VON. They will give you a VIN if they have it (and this is good, it means the vehicle is ready to be built)

4. I would check every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on the status, and got great build updates

5. Once it ships, they can't help you. I've heard the dealership can track the shipping info, but some dealers say they can't and I really didn't want to bug my dealer with that.

Than, depending on your location it can take a few weeks for delivery. My Jeep took 3 weeks to the day from order to delivery, and my Pacifica was pretty close, I think about 4 weeks.

Also, I suggest copying in a notepad your opening statement. Mine was something like:

"Hello, I am looking to check the status on my build. My name is John Doe, and my address is 123 Fake Street, Springfield, FX, 12345. My VON is XXX and my VIN is XXX. Thank you"

Oh, and once your window sticker is created the build is done and the vehicle is in the shipping stages. An easy way to check for a window sticker is to find a new chrysler for sale at a dealer, pull up the sticker for it, then just copy and paste your VIN over the VIN in the address bar.

Hope that helps ;)

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did this twice in '19 and had great luck (once for my Wrangler and once for my Pacifica).

1.You must have a VON (Vehicle Order Number) from the dealer. This is created when the order is created and should be on your paperwork if the dealer did everything correctly. Some dealers take your money and promise to order, but wait a few days. My dealer didn't let me put money down until the order was in the system.

3. Give them you name, address, and VON. They will give you a VIN if they have it (and this is good, it means the vehicle is ready to be built)

4. I would check every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on the status, and got great build updates

5. Once it ships, they can't help you. I've heard the dealership can track the shipping info, but some dealers say they can't and I really didn't want to bug my dealer with that.

Than, depending on your location it can take a few weeks for delivery. My Jeep took 3 weeks to the day from order to delivery, and my Pacifica was pretty close, I think about 4 weeks.

Also, I suggest copying in a notepad your opening statement. Mine was something like:

"Hello, I am looking to check the status on my build. My name is John Doe, and my address is 123 Fake Street, Springfield, FX, 12345. My VON is XXX and my VIN is XXX. Thank you"

Oh, and once your window sticker is created the build is done and the vehicle is in the shipping stages. An easy way to check for a window sticker is to find a new chrysler for sale at a dealer, pull up the sticker for it, then just copy and paste your VIN over the VIN in the address bar.

Hope that helps ;)
Thanks, should be helpful, going to give it a whirl in a couple of minutes. ✌

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, should be helpful, going to give it a whirl in a couple of minutes. ✌
Ah, first I have to get the VON, I called my dealer about an hour ago, as expected, no info as of yet. I'll be surprised if they even get back to me today at all.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is this website:https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=XXX, where the XXX are you vin number. However, i found it was not really accurate.

My dealer has been able to provide me updates, but i have to ask weekly. The one that has me annoyed is the inability to know when the vehicle will ship from Canada. My vehicle has been done and released to ship back in Dec. It is currently waiting for a shipping date. Why is that so hard to figure out? I asked that question to the FCA customer care (FCA Chrysler), they do not care nor do they seem to know. The only response was, well it is handled by a 3rd party.

The FCA customer care site will give you a little more information, but they will only have the basics (ie in build, inspection etc..)
Thanks for your help, still waiting to hear from the dealer. I have little faith in them actually returning my call at all. It's such a shame that this acceptable behavior these days, like cars are just flying out of the showroom!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My order was placed in Sept 2020, build start Nov 12th, released to ship 12/18/2020, still waiting for it to ship. I was told this can take 2-4 weeks. Then a few days or longer to get to the dealership.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for your help, still waiting to hear from the dealer. I have little faith in them actually returning my call at all. It's such a shame that this acceptable behavior these days, like cars are just flying out of the showroom!
I placed an order Jan 2nd and the dealership emailed me the von about 2hrs after I left the dealership.

2 days ago I followed the instructions @ New Owner awaiting Build Resources to get the vin.
I ordered a 8 passenger touring-L with 20" wheels and all the options/packages except for spare tire and running boards

The build site is showing "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" and the online rep told me they're still getting all the parts/materials and to check back next week for a status update.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just another reason to dislike unions. If the contract was up for renewal and out for bid, and they lost it is no reason to hold up people’s vehicles.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I placed an order Jan 2nd and the dealership emailed me the von about 2hrs after I left the dealership.

2 days ago I followed the instructions @ New Owner awaiting Build Resources to get the vin.
I ordered a 8 passenger touring-L with 20" wheels and all the options/packages except for spare tire and running boards

The build site is showing "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" and the online rep told me they're still getting all the parts/materials and to check back next week for a status update.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much. A representative from the dealer got back to me and I'm very unhappy with his answer. He said on the message he left that the Chrysler plant was closed for about 2 weeks for the holidays and so nothing was started yet. He said they're going to begin building it and he has a VIN# which seems impossible according to what people said here. I'm going to call back in a day or two and see if I can speak to the guy who does the ordering, he will probably know better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
He is
Thanks so much. A representative from the dealer got back to me and I'm very unhappy with his answer. He said on the message he left that the Chrysler plant was closed for about 2 weeks for the holidays and so nothing was started yet. He said they're going to begin building it and he has a VIN# which seems impossible according to what people said here. I'm going to call back in a day or two and see if I can speak to the guy who does the ordering, he will probably know better.
He's right about the plant being closed this week. Don't know about next week.
I don't know about two weeks but it's definitely closed for this week. --> The plant is idle this week, but minivan assembly facility is scheduled to resume full production Monday.

you should try the chrysler chat link provided @ New Owner awaiting Build Resources
Maybe they can verify the order using the VIN you got. You'll need to have your mailing address, email address car model and trim ready. Maybe they can get you the VON from your VIN. The chat is open for another 3 hours today (11PM EST I believe)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He is

He's right about the plant being closed this week. Don't know about next week.

I don't know about two weeks but it's definitely closed for this week. --> The plant is idle this week, but minivan assembly facility is scheduled to resume full production Monday.

you should try the chrysler chat link provided @ New Owner awaiting Build Resources
Maybe they can verify the order using the VIN you got. You'll need to have your mailing address, email address car model and trim ready. Maybe they can get you the VON from your VIN. The chat is open for another 3 hours today (11PM EST I believe)
He didn't give me the Vin#, he said he thought he has a VIN#. When I check in either tomorrow or the next I'll see if they have either VIN# or VON#, or both. Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hope that helps ;)
I am waiting for my 2021 to come in also. It’s been sitting at some racetrack in Toledo OH. It’s a bit frustrating because I have been call Chrysler as well, and it’s mostly the same outcome you all have been experiencing. They probably have hundreds of these calls a day, so I can imagine the repetition they go through.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ordered mine on September 11, and I'm picking it up in a couple more hours! My salesperson has been amazing, constantly checking (even working with his manager to make extra phone calls) for updates and keeping me informed every 1-2 weeks no matter what. So this was my timeline:
  • September 11, 2020 - Placed order with dealership
  • September 18, 2020 - Received VIN from my salesperson
  • October 5, 2020 - Confirmed it was in D1 status
  • October 20, 2020 - Notified by salesperson that production should be starting on 11/13 and mine was currently slated for 11/17
  • November 3, 2020 - Informed by salesperson that current estimated ship date was 11/23
  • November 9, 202 - Informed by salesperson that estimated ship date was now 11/16
  • November 17, 2020 - Informed by salesperson that estimated ship date back to 11/23
  • December 7, 2020 - Notified by salesperson that vehicle is now built and in JS status with an estimated ship date of 12/23 (and I'm now able to see the build sheet via the servlet mentioned above)
  • December 19, 2020 - Able to pull up window sticker via the servlet mentioned above, confirmed I am receiving an extra package for free! :D
  • December 28, 2020 - Informed by salesperson that the vehicle is still awaiting transport in Toledo, OH
  • January 5, 2021 - Notified by salesperson that vehicle is being loaded on a truck right now and will hopefully arrive before the weekend
  • January 7, 2021 - Notified by salesperson that vehicle is on a truck right outside the dealership (photos sent for proof!) and we scheduled our appointment to take delivery for the next day
So this was a longer process than I assumed it would be, by about a month. But these are not normal times, so I'm not upset with anyone. While we haven't closed the deal yet, based on all my salesperson and his manager have done thus far and what's already been mentioned on incentives and discounts, I think I hit the jackpot on being taken care of at the dealership. Obviously, I'll have a final update tomorrow! ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered mine on September 11, and I'm picking it up in a couple more hours! My salesperson has been amazing, constantly checking (even working with his manager to make extra phone calls) for updates and keeping me informed every 1-2 weeks no matter what. So this was my timeline:
  • September 11, 2020 - Placed order with dealership
  • September 18, 2020 - Received VIN from my salesperson
  • October 5, 2020 - Confirmed it was in D1 status
  • October 20, 2020 - Notified by salesperson that production should be starting on 11/13 and mine was currently slated for 11/17
  • November 3, 2020 - Informed by salesperson that current estimated ship date was 11/23
  • November 9, 202 - Informed by salesperson that estimated ship date was now 11/16
  • November 17, 2020 - Informed by salesperson that estimated ship date back to 11/23
  • December 7, 2020 - Notified by salesperson that vehicle is now built and in JS status with an estimated ship date of 12/23 (and I'm now able to see the build sheet via the servlet mentioned above)
  • December 19, 2020 - Able to pull up window sticker via the servlet mentioned above, confirmed I am receiving an extra package for free! :D
  • December 28, 2020 - Informed by salesperson that the vehicle is still awaiting transport in Toledo, OH
  • January 5, 2021 - Notified by salesperson that vehicle is being loaded on a truck right now and will hopefully arrive before the weekend
  • January 7, 2021 - Notified by salesperson that vehicle is on a truck right outside the dealership (photos sent for proof!) and we scheduled our appointment to take delivery for the next day
So this was a longer process than I assumed it would be, by about a month. But these are not normal times, so I'm not upset with anyone. While we haven't closed the deal yet, based on all my salesperson and his manager have done thus far and what's already been mentioned on incentives and discounts, I think I hit the jackpot on being taken care of at the dealership. Obviously, I'll have a final update tomorrow! ;)
Definitely seems like a long process, at the very least you received good customer service from your dealer keeping you abreast of the timeline. I called my dealer again yesterday and spoke to a rep who said they would have someone call me back with either the VON# or VIN# or both. I asked that they please text me the info, never heard back. I work during the day and don't have timne to chase these people. If I don't get a definitive answer the next time I call my next trip is to my dealer to collect my $1000 deposit. Maybe they'll get the message.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts