2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
End of the month for shipping... even better news!!
That was incorrect news unfortunately. They didn't even start assembly yet, so unless they're going to build the thing in less than 3 weeks, it was an error. I wouldn't mind if it was true though, that's for sure.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Brilliant Black
28 Posts
Placed order on Jan 12 and my sales guy just called to say that expected shipping date is April 1.
Hopefully it's not April's fool :)

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited AWD Granite Crystal Black S
35 Posts
Would anyone know if, when the factory had the semiconductor blip, if the entire machine stops? Is there a union requirement that if some employees are out, then ALL must be out? I am still in JB status. the "Body Shop" is notorious for vehicles languishing there for tow hitches, splash guards, striping....etc. It seems they would be unaffected by a semiconductor shortage, and could clean out the backlog with the three week suspension of new vehicle arrivals into that shop. Mine was built at the end of the first week of startup. How much backlog could develop in such a short time? Im hoping i can get through there in short order. I had uhaul install a hitch on my 2005 Town and Country in about 2 hours. They see all manner of different vehicles and hitch configurations in that environment. This shop only sees a few Chrysler models maybe. Might just be me, but i imagine something you do time after time after time you could do blindfolded. I guess im still frustrated that after the world knows they were shut down for three weeks, nobody in the dealership, Chrysler Care......anywhere i asked, would even admit it to me. I wanted to order this last October. I was hoping to be through this a long time ago. I need a vehicle to replace the dead 2005 Limited. My pickup, a small Audi A4, and an Old LandRover Defender 90 wont work on road trips to the Cabin in Maine. Sorry....Im just bummed out

·
Registered
242 Posts
Would anyone know if, when the factory had the semiconductor blip, if the entire machine stops? Is there a union requirement that if some employees are out, then ALL must be out? I am still in JB status. the "Body Shop" is notorious for vehicles languishing there for tow hitches, splash guards, striping....etc. It seems they would be unaffected by a semiconductor shortage, and could clean out the backlog with the three week suspension of new vehicle arrivals into that shop. Mine was built at the end of the first week of startup. How much backlog could develop in such a short time? Im hoping i can get through there in short order. I had uhaul install a hitch on my 2005 Town and Country in about 2 hours. They see all manner of different vehicles and hitch configurations in that environment. This shop only sees a few Chrysler models maybe. Might just be me, but i imagine something you do time after time after time you could do blindfolded. I guess im still frustrated that after the world knows they were shut down for three weeks, nobody in the dealership, Chrysler Care......anywhere i asked, would even admit it to me. I wanted to order this last October. I was hoping to be through this a long time ago. I need a vehicle to replace the dead 2005 Limited. My pickup, a small Audi A4, and an Old LandRover Defender 90 wont work on road trips to the Cabin in Maine. Sorry....Im just bummed out
If it’s in JB status then it left the plant and is at the upfitter for the hitch install so I doubt your delay in JB is related to the plant shutdown. What date did it go into JB status?

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it’s in JB status then it left the plant and is at the upfitter for the hitch install so I doubt your delay in JB is related to the plant shutdown. What date did it go into JB status?
It went in on the 8th or 9th. Reading elsewhere here i hear this is a constant place for long delays to begin. Unusually large stretches of time both here....in the up fitter, and in storage waiting for enough rail cars that can be filled economically. In anticipation of a storage delay, i asked my dealer what the transport solution to Rhode Island is from Windsor. I see from google earth the rail loading lot is very close to the factory. But since RI is not entirely too far away, do they truck, rail, or combination to get here....and of course, he says all different ways and he cant predict. I also heard the "upfitter" is in the same building, just a different location not on the normal assembly line. I know there are much worse horror stories than mine, and i feel others frustrations. They demand all your information be in black and white when you order a vehicle....but you only get gray information at best while you try to figure out whats going on once the deposit is down.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
We apologize for the delay.
I know someone of you tagged us early in this thread. If you still would like us to look into your orders, please follow up with us privately.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mike E..........I hope they were able to squeeze you in before this......any updated information for you??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mike........You would think......and hope that during the small window of this past few weeks of assembly, they were smart enough to pump out the "Sold" orders, and not the speculative "sit on the dealerships lot" vehicles. To sort of put what few eggs they had into the right basket for Easter coming.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am in the same boat at Mike E. Mine is supposed to ship on 4/1 according to my salesman and now I am not even sure if happens or not :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am in the same boat at Mike E. Mine is supposed to ship on 4/1 according to my salesman and now I am not even sure if happens or not :mad:
Did you hear yet it has been built? Mine got built during this last window, and is sitting on American soil at the Jefferson Plant now, waiting for a train...I hope the transportation department is still working....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll have to ask my salesman but when checking the build status server, it's still not producing a PDF. I heard that for some they did not get a PDF even though car has been built so not sure where it stands now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll have to ask my salesman but when checking the build status server, it's still not producing a PDF. I heard that for some they did not get a PDF even though car has been built so not sure where it stands now.
Fingers crossed for those with vehicles still "in the loop". Ill wager tho that this time.....theres goin to be some shoutin goin on. And a big grab back at a few deposits.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My van didnt populate with a build sheet PDF until 2 or 3 days after its "official" build date so theres still a chance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
By the time the 2021 models are built, the 2022 models will be available. It’s nuts!
I can envision there being NO 2022 model year. I was ready willing and able to purchase my van last October when FCA said they were going to go into production. I was told at the time no orders until Jan 1st. Now all this. To recoup the investment made for this vehicles face lifted updates Ill wager they need to sell a lot more than they will be able to. This supply game is only in the early innings.....Everything flows downhill

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe change a few exterior colors, and get the Pinnacles an S package and a Black leather interior and call it a new year. No retooling.....Just fortifying the face lift with a little botox....

101 - 120 of 161 Posts