2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 · (Edited)
OK, catching up with this flurry of posts here and absolutely ready to go ballistic. I just contacted Chrysler Chat and was told "All the parts to build your vehicle have been gathered and the build will be scheduled soon". Yeah, I get that same answer a few weeks ago. What I truly can't comprehend is how any vehicle that was ordered after my vehicle was built before mine once they finally got all the parts necessary to build. I mean I know in my business, if there was an order that was seriously delayed, it would be the first order to be finished once the lenses and frames were available. I wouldn't start making a pair of glasses ordered last week before the order from November was finished. I really thought this was going to be the end of the "Big Wait", now this. I can't even convey my disappointment at this news. I know if I call my dealer they will be like "Sorry, we really have no control over this situation". The days of acccountability seem to have ended. I can still remember the days when you could call and voice your displeasure in a mature way, and things would get done. I suppose when most things are handled via "chat" or email, the true fury of the consumer gets lost in translation. Oh well . . .

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited AWD Granite Crystal Black S
35 Posts
OK, catching up with this flurry of posts here and absolutely ready to go ballistic. I just contacted Chrysler Chat and was told "All the parts to build your vehicle have been gathered and the build will be scheduled soon". Yeah, I get that same answer a few weeks ago. What I truly can't comprehend is how any vehicle that was ordered after my vehicle was built before mine once they finally got all the parts necessary to build. I mean I know in my business, if there was order that was seriously delayed, it would be the first order to be finished once the lenses and frames were available. I wouldn't start making a pair of glasses ordered last week before the order from November was finished. I really thought this was going to be the end of the "Big Wait", now this. I can't even convey my disappointment at this news. I know if I call my dealer they will be like "Sorry, we really have no control over this situation". The days of acccountability seem to have ended. I can still remember the days when you could call and voice your displeasure in a mature way, and things would get done. I suppose when most things are handled via "chat" or email, the true fury of the consumer gets lost in translation. Oh well . . .
Hey Lamar!!??
Ill bet your hands are full now.......Cant you look up Mike E on here and get him some REAL answers?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mike E.
As you have performed the miracle of everlasting patience and understanding in the face or unyielding adversity....This thread bestows upon you the position of Sainthood, and thou shalt forever be referred to here upon as Saint Michael E of New Jersey with all the benefits and rights commensurate with your title...........No somebody PLEASE get this guy some answers......Those in whatever is called Chrysler Cares should look into the mirror tonight when they get home.....and be honest with themselves exactly who it is staring back at them. I can not fathom a situation that would call for customer service more than this one. And then.........BB21........

·
Registered
35 Posts
And lets be honest....truly honest.....shouldnt the name really be "Chrysler Who Cares"??

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Thanks for the support fellas, and the laughs! I'd really just love to get the van I ordered. @ChryslerCares , if you can help in any way it would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
Ordered - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Ceramic Gray/Red S Package, 20” Foreshadow Wheels, PSS, Theater
11 Posts
OK, catching up with this flurry of posts here and absolutely ready to go ballistic. I just contacted Chrysler Chat and was told "All the parts to build your vehicle have been gathered and the build will be scheduled soon". Yeah, I get that same answer a few weeks ago. What I truly can't comprehend is how any vehicle that was ordered after my vehicle was built before mine once they finally got all the parts necessary to build. I mean I know in my business, if there was an order that was seriously delayed, it would be the first order to be finished once the lenses and frames were available. I wouldn't start making a pair of glasses ordered last week before the order from November was finished. I really thought this was going to be the end of the "Big Wait", now this. I can't even convey my disappointment at this news. I know if I call my dealer they will be like "Sorry, we really have no control over this situation". The days of acccountability seem to have ended. I can still remember the days when you could call and voice your displeasure in a mature way, and things would get done. I suppose when most things are handled via "chat" or email, the true fury of the consumer gets lost in translation. Oh well . . .
Hey Mike! Just as an update since I know we are both in very similar situations. We were told we had a ship date of this past Tuesday. We called on Monday and were told we were in paint. Today, chat said we were still in paint. This is extremely frustrating as I assume this new shutdown means the car will sit there for another month before being completed. With an 11/28/2020 order date, I feel 100% the same way you do. This wait is obscene.

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the support fellas, and the laughs! I'd really just love to get the van I ordered. @ChryslerCares , if you can help in any way it would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
Saint Michael....
Im happy I can at least get you to smile.......that smile will be the first step to your way out of this.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
At the very least, your van hit the assembly line. I feel let down by Chrysler that mine wasn't important enough to get there when for at least 3 weeks they had all materials to start building. Just send it right to the front of the line without any hesitation. I still feel your pain though because for all intents and purposes, we're in the same boat. Frustrated we don't have the vans we ordered 4 months ago and hit with the news it may be another 2 months before delivery.

Reactions: AtlanticToPacifica

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Mike! Just as an update since I know we are both in very similar situations. We were told we had a ship date of this past Tuesday. We called on Monday and were told we were in paint. Today, chat said we were still in paint. This is extremely frustrating as I assume this new shutdown means the car will sit there for another month before being completed. With an 11/28/2020 order date, I feel 100% the same way you do. This wait is obscene.
I was just going to write that this is just one thread......imagine what goes on across the platform.....and now another, AtlanticToPacifica......
Saint Michael.......as your first official order of business......please bless MY Vehicle so as it does not arrive with 5 plastic bags of parts that needed to be swept up and reinstalled.....

·
Registered
Ordered - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Ceramic Gray/Red S Package, 20” Foreshadow Wheels, PSS, Theater
11 Posts
At the very least, your van hit the assembly line. I feel let down by Chrysler that mine wasn't important enough to get there when for at least 3 weeks they had all materials to start building. Just send it right to the front of the line without any hesitation. I still feel your pain though because for all intents and purposes, we're in the same boat. Frustrated we don't have the vans we ordered 4 months ago and hit with the news it may be another 2 months before delivery.
The issue I’m having now is that we were planning a monthlong trip with the car for mid-May. When we ordered, I never would have imagined we wouldn’t have it by then. So now I’m trying to see if there are any available anywhere that have close enough specs that we think it would be worth walking away for. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

Thanks, Mike
Mike,
In order to look into this further, please follow up with us privately. Also include your VIN and or VON.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
The issue I’m having now is that we were planning a monthlong trip with the car for mid-May. When we ordered, I never would have imagined we wouldn’t have it by then. So now I’m trying to see if there are any available anywhere that have close enough specs that we think it would be worth walking away for. 🤷‍♀️
I hear you, and I hope you get the van before that. I'm kind of in a similar situation, we take a trip in early July and we absolutely need the van for that trip, we take so much stuff. It's one of the main reasons we chose the van over an SUV. Hopefully once the plant reopens they will put a priority on your van and it will be there for you. Best of luck and Godspeed to your delivery!

Reactions: AtlanticToPacifica

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I was just going to write that this is just one thread......imagine what goes on across the platform.....and now another, AtlanticToPacifica......
Saint Michael.......as your first official order of business......please bless MY Vehicle so as it does not arrive with 5 plastic bags of parts that needed to be swept up and reinstalled.....
I bless your vehicle and all others on this forum with my newly acquired Saintly powers. ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
2 weeks and the factory reopens! The things that can make you happy just keep evolving . . .

Reactions: h man

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, I’ve been waiting for this too. I have a Pacifica on order as well as a Wagoner. Both plants were shut down. We’ll see how quickly things move along once they reopen. They did push a lot of finished vehicles out during the shutdown so it should hopefully allow for a faster restart but who knows for sure.

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Yeah, I’ve been waiting for this too. I have a Pacifica on order as well as a Wagoner. Both plants were shut down. We’ll see how quickly things move along once they reopen. They did push a lot of finished vehicles out during the shutdown so it should hopefully allow for a faster restart but who knows for sure.
What did you order?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
They are taking orders for the 2022s now? Any option changes? I heard a rumor that all trims will be available without AWD.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wonder if Stellantis is planning to do the same with the already built Pacificas...

“The ongoing global shortage of microchips, often referred to as semiconductors, is hitting America’s bestselling nameplate. Ford announced March 18 that it would build F-150 pickup trucks without certain parts and hold them for weeks before shipping the trucks to dealers when the parts arrive. The Michigan automaker said it would do the same for the Ford Edge, a mid-size SUV.”

121 - 140 of 161 Posts