2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wonder if Stellantis is planning to do the same with the already built Pacificas...

“The ongoing global shortage of microchips, often referred to as semiconductors, is hitting America’s bestselling nameplate. Ford announced March 18 that it would build F-150 pickup trucks without certain parts and hold them for weeks before shipping the trucks to dealers when the parts arrive. The Michigan automaker said it would do the same for the Ford Edge, a mid-size SUV.”

I’d bet it’s anyone’s guess how this all plays out. It seems every week there is news on this front. But it’s seems to be causing a shortage of vehicles on dealer lots, I called around and couldn’t find any limited AWD with theater and 20”s. Had plenty of hybrids though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
They are taking orders for the 2022s now? Any option changes? I heard a rumor that all trims will be available without AWD.
I won’t know till I get it. I doubt you’ll see any major changes from 2021. Usually they add a new paint color but that’s about all I’d expect.

I do know they offer fwd limited and pinnacle in Canada so it’s probably just a marketing decision.

·
Registered
On Order 2/25: 2021Touring L Fathom Blue, Black/Alloy/Black, 8 Seat, Sunroof, UConnect Theater, Tow
4 Posts
The plant is now scheduled to be down for an extra week due to continued microchip shortages. Restarting May 3rd instead of April 26. This really sucks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Time to start producing parts like semi-conductors and microchips right here at home! It’s not like we don’t have the capability to do it. It just goes to show what happens when you rely on cheaper producing countries instead of your own.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Ugh! Another setback. I was starting to believe it was going to be a cinch that I'd have my van before July but this extra week shutdown puts that in jeopardy. All these "American " manufacturers need to start producing their own stuff and not being so reliant and at the mercy of other countries.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I wonder what the betting line is on the Windsor plant actually opening May 3rd . . . With things going the way they have been, wouldn't be surprised if they push it back again another couple of weeks or a month.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Brilliant Black
28 Posts
Rumors are shutdown is extended for 1 additional week. Operations may resume on May 10 instead of May 3. Nobody was able to confirm this though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Rumors are shutdown is extended for 1 additional week. Operations may resume on May 10 instead of May 3. Nobody was able to confirm this though.
Won't be surprised. I haven't seen anything about it though

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
****! This is torturous. I can't believe how long and drawn out this whole thing is getting (has been), and how can anyone have confidence that they will actually open the factory next week. I would also imagine morale is low for those workers. This is an awful situation. Still hoping I get delivery before July, but each week the plant closes make that so much less certain.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, I agree. Unfortunately there is no telling if the supply of semiconductors will be in place by May 10th. It’s all guesswork at this point. And by shutting down production completely, that throws off the stamping and engine (not to mention all the other suppliers) production. Its really stupid how this whole shortage started. I’m pulling for you. I hope yours is one of the first to get built once they start back up.

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
Ordered - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Ceramic Gray/Red S Package, 20” Foreshadow Wheels, PSS, Theater
11 Posts
Per Twitter, It looks like WAP will be down again next week. Rescheduled vacation is now being cancelled. According to my dealership, our deposit is non-refundable, so do we eat it and buy the exact same car that is available at another dealership 800+ miles away? I’m assuming we will have no negotiating power so that would be another hit on top of the deposit. This is so disappointing. Our family doesn’t fit in our car and taking two cars or just not going places as a family for 22.5 weeks so far is agonizing.

·
Registered
Ordered - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Ceramic Gray/Red S Package, 20” Foreshadow Wheels, PSS, Theater
11 Posts
Per Twitter, It looks like WAP will be down again next week. Rescheduled vacation is now being cancelled. According to my dealership, our deposit is non-refundable, so do we eat it and buy the exact same car that is available at another dealership 800+ miles away? I’m assuming we will have no negotiating power so that would be another hit on top of the deposit. This is so disappointing. Our family doesn’t fit in our car and taking two cars or just not going places as a family for 22.5 weeks so far is agonizing.
I take that back. As expected, that van is now sold. Maybe suck it up and get a different color?

·
Registered
2021 Pac Tour L; 1970 XR7 conv
14 Posts
Plant definitely down next week. New tentative start date is May 17th. This per the union's website.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Yes, I agree. Unfortunately there is no telling if the supply of semiconductors will be in place by May 10th. It’s all guesswork at this point. And by shutting down production completely, that throws off the stamping and engine (not to mention all the other suppliers) production. Its really stupid how this whole shortage started. I’m pulling for you. I hope yours is one of the first to get built once they start back up.
I take that back. As expected, that van is now sold. Maybe suck it up and get a different color?
Seems to me your dealer is being unreasonable. How can they hold your deposit when they can't deliver your vehicle? I would imagine it would be an easy win if you took them to small claims court. How can they justify keeping your money w/o being able to even give you any clear timetable for delivery? Up to you of course, but if you really want that money back, make it happen. My dealer was willing to refund my deposit, I'm still holding out hope I don't have to go that route.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems to me your dealer is being unreasonable. How can they hold your deposit when they can't deliver your vehicle? I would imagine it would be an easy win if you took them to small claims court. How can they justify keeping your money w/o being able to even give you any clear timetable for delivery? Up to you of course, but if you really want that money back, make it happen. My dealer was willing to refund my deposit, I'm still holding out hope I don't have to go that route.
You definitely have a point. Now we are kind of thinking about still going on vacation just without the van. This is our shot to have a month off (work schedule rarely allows for this, but paternity leave trumps that) and we don’t want to put it off so long that we won’t be able to go at all. That being said, what happens if the car comes in while we are away? Will the dealership just hold it for us until we get back?

141 - 160 of 161 Posts