2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am leasing my Pacfica and I have done the oil change and tire rotations myself at the required intervals.

Someone just told me that if I return the lease and there’s carfax or dealer no service history they will ding me.

Anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
44 Posts
As long as you maintain records, you should be fine. There is no requirement to perform maintenance at a dealer.

That being said, why not look into maintenance contracts through dealers that discount them (ie. Chrysler factory plans dot com). Their cost is low enough to the point financially it almost does not make sense to diy. One of the benefits of diy is to have a better control of the product or to perform maintenance more frequently, neither of which matter when you are leasing and plan to return the car at the end.

·
Registered
256 Posts
As long as you maintain records, you should be fine. There is no requirement to perform maintenance at a dealer.

That being said, why not look into maintenance contracts through dealers that discount them (ie. Chrysler factory plans dot com). Their cost is low enough to the point financially it almost does not make sense to diy. One of the benefits of diy is to have a better control of the product or to perform maintenance more frequently, neither of which matter when you are leasing and plan to return the car at the end.
The other factor is time. Going to the dealer takes time, and you cannot do it on your schedule. I can do an oil change on our Pacifica while I’m doing other things at home. And I can do it off hours. But your point still stands, the cost and product benefits on a lease are nearly a none issue. Meijer carries the pennzoil platinum for just over $20, and a $10 mopar filter will keep an oil change cost under $40, and I think the best I could do at the dealer was $50, so it’s still a bit cheaper, but only slightly. But for me it’s the time factor. I can work on my schedule and not leave work to pickup or drop off. Now tire rotations, that’s a bit tougher at home. But can be done as well. I’m on second sets anyway, so I just go to discount to ge them rotated and balanced if needed, but typically just wait till the winter/spring tire switch over to rotate tires. But this wouldn’t be the case for a lease. Not sure what the dealer charges, but I know it’s an added cost for rotations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
You can also put in your own DIY service records in at the Mopar.com site, It looks like this when you put them in:

Although, I'm not sure if the dealer sees this or not when they pull records..they did complain about maintenance when I was trading mine in to try and work the price down but I pulled this up on my phone and pushed back. Pretty typical shady dealer practice ;).

Reactions: triggerhappy007
1 - 5 of 5 Posts