2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a state where the warranty on the battery is 10y/100k miles. Is there anyway to extend this? I'm mostly interested in extending the mileage, as I expect to hit 100k miles after about 6.5 years.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yesterday I bought MaxCare for mine. I have 8 Years 125000 miles bumper to bumper coverage.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I live in a state where the warranty on the battery is 10y/100k miles. Is there anyway to extend this? I'm mostly interested in extending the mileage, as I expect to hit 100k miles after about 6.5 years.
The Chrysler/Mopar extended warranty explicitly excludes any hybrid components so the factory warranty of 10 years or 100k miles is going to be the best you can do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Chrysler/Mopar extended warranty explicitly excludes any hybrid components so the factory warranty of 10 years or 100k miles is going to be the best you can do.
The only exclusions are:

WHAT’S NOT COVERED UNDER OUR MAXIMUM CARE PLANS
The only parts and labor not covered:
• Maintenance Services and items used in such services
• Catalytic Converter and Particulate Filter • Glass, Plastic Lenses and Light Bulbs
• Body and Paint items (including Soft Trim) • Snowplows, Winches and Trailer Hitches
• Wear items (such as Tires, Manual Clutch Assembly, Brake Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Drums, Belts and Wipers)

That is in writing in my Max Care contract. No where in my contract does it says it excludes any hybrid or battery components. I spoke with my service department and Chrysler corporate and both told me everything is covered. This includes all hybrid systems, transaxle, and battery. If it is not listed above in what’s not covered, it is 100% covered for the years/miles.

I have 8 years/125000 miles or 10 years/100000 on battery whichever comes first. :grin2:

https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/mvp/2016-12%20MVP_New%20Maximum%20Care%20Web.pdf

·
Registered
219 Posts
The only exclusions are:

WHAT’S NOT COVERED UNDER OUR MAXIMUM CARE PLANS
The only parts and labor not covered:
• Maintenance Services and items used in such services
• Catalytic Converter and Particulate Filter • Glass, Plastic Lenses and Light Bulbs
• Body and Paint items (including Soft Trim) • Snowplows, Winches and Trailer Hitches
• Wear items (such as Tires, Manual Clutch Assembly, Brake Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Drums, Belts and Wipers)

That is in writing in my Max Care contract. No where in my contract does it says it excludes any hybrid or battery components. I spoke with my service department and Chrysler corporate and both told me everything is covered. This includes all hybrid systems, transaxle, and battery. If it is not listed above in what’s not covered, it is 100% covered for the years/miles.

I have 8 years/125000 miles or 10 years/100000 on battery whichever comes first. :grin2:/QUOTE]

Although I hope that you are correct, I do not believe that you are. You may wish to refer to your plan provisions rather than a brochure. My plan states in part on pages 6-7:

THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:
• Repairs or replacement of any component covered by any of the Vehicle manufacturer warranties, Certified Warranty, part manufacturer warranties or recall policies; roadside assistance, loaner vehicles or other services which are eligible to be covered by the Vehicle’s manufacturer warranty or marketing programs;
• Repairs required as a result of other than a manufacturing defect (such as a design defect or normal wear);
• Repair or replacement of any covered component when it has been determined that the condition existed prior to
purchasing the Plan;
• Plan benefits where the Vehicle odometer reading has been stopped or altered and/or the Vehicle’s actual mileage
cannot be readily determined;
• Brake pads, shoes, rotors and drums are not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
• Reimbursement of services/benefits that exceed the total number of services/allowance included in Plan Coverage;
Battery and cables; any battery for a component; spark plugs and wires; lights (bulb, sealed beams, lenses);
suspension alignment; wheel balancing; wiper blades; catalytic converter, particulate filter and any other exhaust system components; heat shields and exhaust hangers; throttle body cleaning; evaporator deodorizing; carbon cleaning;
Form Num: NM515
Page: 6 of 14
High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
AZBean
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing