2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our prior van if you tried to lock the doors with the fob and one was open it would sound a continuous tone warning that a door was open. On our Pacifica I can leave the doors wide open, press the lock button on the fob, and it will lock as if everything is ok. No wanting tone that a door isn’t closed.

We can also lock the fob inside the car apparently. I’m not near the van today and I’m not the one running these locking experiments. I seem to remember you shouldn’t be able to lock a key inside the Pacifica without pressing the lock button three times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
On our prior van if you tried to lock the doors with the fob and one was open it would sound a continuous tone warning that a door was open. On our Pacifica I can leave the doors wide open, press the lock button on the fob, and it will lock as if everything is ok. No warning tone that a door isn’t closed.

We can also lock the fob inside the car apparently. I’m not near the van today and I’m not the one running these locking experiments. I seem to remember you shouldn’t be able to lock a key inside the Pacifica without pressing the lock button three times

You will not get a tone if a door is opened and you lock the van. Once that opened door is closed, it will be locked if a lock button was pushed.

You can't easily lock the fob in the van IF you are pushing the outside button on a front door handle (unless you do that a three times), but if you push the lock button on the inside of a front door (once), or the fob button (once) you can lock the fob in the van.

If your van is new and you sign up for the UConnect Access or Guardian free trial, there should be a way to unlock the van remotely with a cell phone. You can also continue the subscription after the free trial by paying a monthly fee.

If you have a passenger who can't unlock the door manually (power doesn't work with the van off), keep a fob with you even though it is tempting to keep it in a bag and toss it in the van first. A couple posts have mentioned children being locked in the van unexpectedly. It only takes one touch of the lock button on the fob to lock the van (which can be locked in the van).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the informative reply. It’s unfortunate there isn’t any warning that a door is not closed. I’m not sure how the fob is getting locked in to the van. At least part of the problem has to be that my wife misses her Toyota.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If one of your power doors is open and you lock the door. When the door closes, the car will honk 3 times alerting you it closed.
Nice to know, but I really wish it would honk 3 times if I try to lock the van and a door is open, as my kids sometimes forget to close their door and if it's on the other side of the van, it's much harder to notice. I'm honestly shocked that it will let you "lock the van" with a door open and not give a warning, like every other car in the world seems to do.

-Stach

·
Registered
808 Posts
The T & Cs gave no warning of an open door.

Having door left open was one of the reasons I kept getting aftermarket alarms on the T & C and now the Pacifica -- if you locked it and a door was open, it would beep after a few seconds. But this last alarm installed by dealer was such a noisy mess I had to silence most of signals except for intruder entry.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If one of your power doors is open and you lock the door. When the door closes, the car will honk 3 times alerting you it closed.
If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP we will have a better idea of which van you are referring to since my 2017 gas van doesn't do what you mentioned above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts