2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Members,

Canadiam Members, could you please help me with extended warranty.

What are options available and if someone found a good deal at certain dealership?
I guess warranty can be purchased from any dealers.

Would appriciate suggestions .

Thank you

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Your best best would have been to negotiate the warranty at time of purchase . Now your kind of sitting behind the 8 ball as you really have zero leverage . Best bet would be to pick warranty your that suits your needs and just call 3 or 4 dealers and see what kind of numbers they are throwing at you . Hope this helps

·
Registered
2021 TourL
123 Posts
I got this dealers number from another member on here, They were very good with their Rates, I would have used them, but bought my ext warranty when I purchased.
Chrysler Gold Warranty | Chudd's Chrysler Ltd.

They all buy the contracts from FCA (So there is a point they can't cross) Then they add their own markup, So shop around and see who will sell it for the best price.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am able to do this for you and get the retail amount listed for your VIN depending on the in-service date and current kilometers. Some dealers go above the listed retail if they can. I just shake my head at that stuff. Its icing to a dealer. You put in the info and it results in a massive dropdown list of the plans. Add the penalties and add the tax. Boom!
It can be legit for a person who really likes peace of mind and all those other marketing points. I've talked people out of it unless they wanted to invest heavily and have warranty long after it is payed off. It depends on the KM growth really. There can be a program overlap so I coach the consequences but also add the benefits. Instant cancellation full refunds before a certain time if there is buyers remorse. Rules and benefits seem to slip some minds. The lenders get cranky when the plan is financed then cancelled for the cash back so they may have policies regarding that.

As I work at a dealership I am not offering you these deals. This is just for information. I really want to follow the dealer rules for posting so that is about as much as I should say.
Profit starts at about 50/50 but goes more like 60/40 in favor of Chrysler as the term stretches out. The contract is added to the VIN and will activate after the full completion of the standard warranty. Fully transferable as it takes less than a minute to update the new owner of the vehicle THEN update the contract owner. It could be free or you could be charged a full freaking hour. Its stupid. This is where you shop around. Plan 415 is the most popular contract with plan 418 more common for diesel heavy duty owners. If possible never mention if you are on a gravel road. You may be able to ask for a certain approved tow truck company that you trust more than others.

Dealers used to get a bonus based on the number of contract sales. Therefore contracts were charged at cost to get a point. Then it was changed to gauging how much profit you make per deal to get that benefit (Therefore overcharge to boost that percentage to reach the bonus.). That really cut back on dealers just adding the dealer cost with no choice to the new owner. It doesn't seems like it but it can be cancelled within 60 days if you want and will calculate the refund. You can actually get some money back. Amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts