2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..

I am trying to update my uconnect head unit... but after going on the download page, using de van vin, and downloading the software, it brings a message up that its not year compatible...

any ideas ??

my wife is having trouble hearing whatsapp voice messages thru the car speakers... so she has been nagging me for a while hahah I tought maybe an update could help,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hi everyone..

I am trying to update my uconnect head unit... but after going on the download page, using de van vin, and downloading the software, it brings a message up that its not year compatible...

any ideas ??

my wife is having trouble hearing whatsapp voice messages thru the car speakers... so she has been nagging me for a while hahah I tought maybe an update could help,,,
First -- did you get it from a Chrysler dealer? If so, and you just bought it, I would bring it back and ask them to do it.

Did you get the update software from https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/chrysler.html

There is a helpful video at https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

You can also call the U-connect tech people with all your s/n's and version information and see if somebody did something weird like an incorrect replacement of the head unit before you got it. The voice support number is 1-877-855-8400.

Interesting that the site shows that my U-Connect system has updates pending from the spring -- and it has been at the dealer several times and they did NOT update it. I'll wait for my next visit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jerry..

Yeah got it from a dealer..
I also got the software from that webpage
Added my vin and the page gave me that an update was pending..

Ill give them a call tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Interesting that the site shows that my U-Connect system has updates pending from the spring -- and it has been at the dealer several times and they did NOT update it. I'll wait for my next visit.
It seems like I have to print out the UConnect update page and hand it to the dealer in order for them to "find" a UConnect update and do it. I think they only check the Mopar site. Just a suggestion.:smile2:

·
Registered
685 Posts
You are loading the USB stick with your update in the back USB port of one of your second row monitors? Try that.

·
Registered
920 Posts
It seems like I have to print out the UConnect update page and hand it to the dealer in order for them to "find" a UConnect update and do it. I think they only check the Mopar site. Just a suggestion.:smile2:
when you have done this, the dealership has done a Uconnect update no charge?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi everyone..

any ideas ??

I don't think this is Uconnect related. Uconnect would be software built into the head unit. It either works or it doesn't.

If it recognizes your phone as Android / Apple Car play then uconnect is not the issue.

Are you doing this via the USB cable Android / Apple Car play or bluetooth? Could be the phone itself.

Try the usual restart phone, unpair / pair again, try same phone in a different car with blue tooth see if you get same result. Unfortunately you have to isolate the issue before you can say its a uconnect problem.

Uconnect is pretty much navigation, Sirius radio and built in apps, that's pretty much it. When the phone get's involved it's 100% phone connectivity / connection issues but update won't fix it.

What is the problem exactly? Wife can't hear through speakers at all or it's intermittent? Maybe give us more details.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If it recognizes your phone as Android / Apple Car play then uconnect is not the issue.

Are you doing this via the USB cable Android / Apple Car play or bluetooth?
Rest of your questions are good, but it is apparent from his pictures that he has a 2017. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay didn't become available until the 2018's.

·
Registered
996 Posts
On another thread, when he introduced himself, he said he had just purchased a used Platinum 2017 hybrid[/quote @masteron, this is why we encourage everyone to include their vehicle specifics in the Signature section of the User CP page. All the other stuff I've included in mine is just baloney! :) Anyway, I hope you get that software problem solved.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
when you have done this, the dealership has done a Uconnect update no charge?
I have not been charged for any software or UConnect updates for my van. The van is still under factory warranty, but I also purchased an extended lifetime warranty. I typically take information with me to the dealer service department in order to improve the chance of things getting done. I search the forum, ask ChryslerCares, or check the VIN on UConnect or Mopar websites.

There was one time when I asked about about updates in the past where someone mentioned that there might be a charge if they had to look for updates without a reason. I don't think they want people to come in and ask to see if there are any updates for their vans.

·
Registered
111 Posts
On another thread, when he introduced himself, he said he had just purchased a used Platinum 2017 hybrid[/quote @masteron, this is why we encourage everyone to include their vehicle specifics in the Signature section of the User CP page. All the other stuff I've included in mine is just baloney! :) Anyway, I hope you get that software problem solved.
OK missed the part about 2017.. and I love your specs similar to mine.

Where do you get build date? I would like to look mine up as well.

·
Registered
996 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Sorry about that.. didnt take time to upload all the van info..

Its a 2017 limited, with all options, gas model.. I just bought it, read somewhere platinum, but its not hybrid so maybe I confused you guyd..

We can get spotify to work, plus videos etc from her iphone to hu thru bluetooth..

This also happened in her last car, an mb e class, but in my vw cc, we cannot replicate the problem, it works as it should.. the whatsapp voice messages I mean..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry about that.. didnt take time to upload all the van info..

Its a 2017 limited, with all options, gas model.. I just bought it, read somewhere platinum, but its not hybrid so maybe I confused you guyd..

We can get spotify to work, plus videos etc from her iphone to hu thru bluetooth..

This also happened in her last car, an mb e class, but in my vw cc, we cannot replicate the problem, it works as it should.. the whatsapp voice messages I mean..

When I updated my 2018 I had to stick the usb in the front console then climb into the 2nd row and use the screens on the back of the front seat to install the update - I forgot where I had gotten that tip if I knew i'd link it here but it worked tho. Before that I was getting ticked off trying to format the usb stick, trying different ports - going crazy lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts