2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the 2020 PacHy Limited.

We do a lot of canoeing and I'd like to attach the front end of the canoe with some hood ties vs hood anchors (see pictures for difference).

Are there bolts under the hood that I can unbolt and attach hood ties to? Or would you all recommend the temporary hood anchors?

Thanks a bunch?

M.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
All I know is the hood is aluminum, so I'd be weary of hooking something into it. I don't know how stiff it is, but ...

·
Registered
274 Posts
As other have indicated, I would be very concerned about a force lifting upward on the hood. Just give a slight lift with your fingers on the front edge when its locked closed and watch it flex. I seriously doubt it would offer much resistance to a upward force.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I use straps similar to those when I haul my kayaks on the roof and have not ran into any issues with the hood flexing. There are a couple of fender bolts under the hood that I secured them to and they work well. The bolt head and metal ring on the strap are wide enough that they pretty much span the entire width of the fender connection point so there's little to no stress on the sides of the hood. That combined with securely strapping down the roof load and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I use straps similar to those when I haul my kayaks on the roof and have not ran into any issues with the hood flexing. There are a couple of fender bolts under the hood that I secured them to and they work well. The bolt head and metal ring on the strap are wide enough that they pretty much span the entire width of the fender connection point so there's little to no stress on the sides of the hood. That combined with securely strapping down the roof load and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
I guess I didn't understand how they worked, from the picture it seemed like something tubular was placed below the hood then it was closed, being bolted must make a big difference.

Thanks for clarifying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts