2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2021 Pacifica for about a month - the first two weeks, made and received plenty of phone calls thru the uconnect and android auto software with no issues. One morning, about two weeks ago, made a phone call and no sound came from the car speakers. Caller could hear me, but I could not hear her unless I transferred the call to my phone handset. I've tried everything, and cannot get my phone calls to come thru the car speakers! So frustrated!

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,454 Posts
I've had my 2021 Pacifica for about a month - the first two weeks, made and received plenty of phone calls thru the uconnect and android auto software with no issues. One morning, about two weeks ago, made a phone call and no sound came from the car speakers. Caller could hear me, but I could not hear her unless I transferred the call to my phone handset. I've tried everything, and cannot get my phone calls to come thru the car speakers! So frustrated!
Can you hear music through the speakers?

Even though the radio can't be turned off in my van, if the sound is turned to "0", it seems off. If someone turned the sound all the way down, that would be an easy thing to check. In my 2017 van, the radio volume controls the speaker volume for the phone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brand of phone , was the phone plugged in at the time thru a USB port and was it synced to uconnect ? .
I have a Pixel 4a. I have wireless Android Auto, so no, it wasn't plugged in, but I have tried it plugged in also. It is synced. I've disconnected and reconnected, turned bluetooth off and back on, checked all volume settings. I'm at a loss...

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I don’t know much about pixel phone but I do know that there is quite a few threads about uconnect phones sync , dropping , connectivity with phones that aren’t Samsung , Apple etc . Also on jeep , ram forums it’s a issue as well .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t know much about pixel phone but I do know that there is quite a few threads about uconnect phones sync , dropping , connectivity with phones that aren’t Samsung , Apple etc . Also on jeep , ram forums it’s a issue as well .
Yeah, i think it's a widespread problem. The pixel is a google phone that runs the same android software as the samsungs. Hoping someone that has encountered this problem will be able to tell me what they did to fix it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a Pixel 4a. I have wireless Android Auto, so no, it wasn't plugged in, but I have tried it plugged in also. It is synced. I've disconnected and reconnected, turned bluetooth off and back on, checked all volume settings. I'm at a loss...
I know you said you checked all volume settings, but did you turn up the volume on the phone and the car while on a call?
Does the "OK Google" command and the reply from the phone work/can you hear it?

I have a pixel 3a and have had my volume down on the phone and wondered what was wrong.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Mine did this twice. I had to hold the two-round buttons down on the dash until the system rebooted to fix this problem.

I also had the GPS navigation double-talking other commands while giving route guidance. Had to hold down on the buttons again to make it stop the BS and start working normally again.

Another time I had no audio at all, but when I called Uconnect through the assist button I could hear them at an extremely low volume level and the volume controls did not work. He told me his previous caller had the same issue.

So far I have had to do this four times in a month of owning. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine did this twice. I had to hold the two-round buttons down on the dash until the system rebooted to fix this problem.

I also had the GPS navigation double-talking other commands while giving route guidance. Had to hold down on the buttons again to make it stop the BS and start working normally again.

Another time I had no audio at all, but when I called Uconnect through the assist button I could hear them at an extremely low volume level and the volume controls did not work. He told me his previous caller had the same issue.

So far I have had to do this four times in a month of owning. :rolleyes:
Thanks...I have not tried holding the two round buttons for a reboot. I disabled android auto yesterday and just enabled uconnect, and the audio for the phone call worked fine. Enabled Android Auto and it wouldn't work again. So, I think it's definitely a problem with AA, but it worked the first two weeks?!? I will try to reboot and see what happens.
I think I'm having some weird electrical problems anyway...the car randomly wouldn't start the other day. Tried several times, even tried a remote start - nothing, and finally about 3 or 4 minutes later, was just sitting there touching nothing and the lights on the dash came on and I tried again, and it started. Guess I'm going to have to take it in anyway.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think I'm having some weird electrical problems anyway...the car randomly wouldn't start the other day. Tried several times, even tried a remote start - nothing, and finally about 3 or 4 minutes later, was just sitting there touching nothing and the lights on the dash came on and I tried again, and it started. Guess I'm going to have to take it in anyway.
There is a software update for the hybrid control processor and BPCM to address this issue.

(TSB 08-091-21) ECU/PIM/HCP/AHCP from software version 05185116AF to software version 05185116AH.

(TSB 18-051-21) BPCM from software version 68499122AD to software version 68499122AE.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Thanks...I have not tried holding the two round buttons for a reboot. I disabled android auto yesterday and just enabled uconnect, and the audio for the phone call worked fine. Enabled Android Auto and it wouldn't work again. So, I think it's definitely a problem with AA, but it worked the first two weeks?!? I will try to reboot and see what happens.
Hey there--

We just reached out to you via private messages so we can work with you on getting this fixed! Please follow up there so we can investigate this further and offer assistance where needed.

Thanks,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares

1 - 12 of 12 Posts