2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have we missed this review? I searched the forum and couldn't find a relevant topic.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a22688297/2018-chrysler-pacifica-hybrid-reliability/
Their review mentions the harsh engine sounds all of us experience. The HV battery replacement troubles match mine exactly- FCA delivering the replacement with an outdated software that had to be updated by a visiting factory engineer, followed by two low coolant events couple of thousands miles apart.

Overall the review is somewhat harsh. They complain about the lack of Stow-and-Go, which is obvious. One phrase I question is "Unlike most plug-in hybrids, the electrified Pacifica does not have a pure-electric mode"- as we now it does. Do they have heavy feet and constantly engage the ICE while driving in the EV mode?

·
Registered
336 Posts
One phrase I question is "Unlike most plug-in hybrids, the electrified Pacifica does not have a pure-electric mode"- as we now it does. Do they have heavy feet and constantly engage the ICE while driving in the EV mode?
Above that comment, they note:
" it has a useful 30-plus miles of electric-only range."

which contradicts their erroneous statement.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I took that comment to refer to a user-selectable EV-only mode where the engine is prohibited from running, like many PHEVs have and some Pachy owners here have also complained about the lack of.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took that comment to refer to a user-selectable EV-only mode where the engine is prohibited from running, like many PHEVs have and some Pachy owners here have also complained about the lack of.
Both electric motors are less than 130HP. The ICE has to be on standby to provide an extra kick when necessary.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah I read that review and still decided to buy one. I'm about to take my first road trip with it tomorrow. Currently just over 1600KM, 1000 miles, mostly city. It's just a day trip but will be over 700KM, 440 miles, hopefully the mileage will go up in the summer. Currently sitting around 32mpg, but I use the remote start a lot to clear frost from the windows and warm up the interior before I leave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts