2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Car and Driver Long term Pacifica Hybrid

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rus 
#1 ·
Have we missed this review? I searched the forum and couldn't find a relevant topic.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a22688297/2018-chrysler-pacifica-hybrid-reliability/
Their review mentions the harsh engine sounds all of us experience. The HV battery replacement troubles match mine exactly- FCA delivering the replacement with an outdated software that had to be updated by a visiting factory engineer, followed by two low coolant events couple of thousands miles apart.

Overall the review is somewhat harsh. They complain about the lack of Stow-and-Go, which is obvious. One phrase I question is "Unlike most plug-in hybrids, the electrified Pacifica does not have a pure-electric mode"- as we now it does. Do they have heavy feet and constantly engage the ICE while driving in the EV mode?

#2 ·
One phrase I question is "Unlike most plug-in hybrids, the electrified Pacifica does not have a pure-electric mode"- as we now it does. Do they have heavy feet and constantly engage the ICE while driving in the EV mode?
Above that comment, they note:
" it has a useful 30-plus miles of electric-only range."

which contradicts their erroneous statement.

#6 ·
Yeah I read that review and still decided to buy one. I'm about to take my first road trip with it tomorrow. Currently just over 1600KM, 1000 miles, mostly city. It's just a day trip but will be over 700KM, 440 miles, hopefully the mileage will go up in the summer. Currently sitting around 32mpg, but I use the remote start a lot to clear frost from the windows and warm up the interior before I leave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.