2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

car seat protectors

27K views 55 replies 27 participants last post by  AtlanticaPacifica 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SafeFit-Complete-Seat-Protector/45414476

just bought that from walmart to see how it is...seems ok, it was cheap...

put the diono radian 100 in the middle, now need to fit a prosport recaro and proride recaro on the sides...
after i read how to remove head rest........sigh...i miss the yukon middle seat already, lol

#4 ·
We have Four of these in our Van.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00368CLXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

They work AMAZING.

Two of them are hold overs from our Subaru Tribeca. They are VERY durable. We have three kids. My wife's Tribeca was TRASHED when we sold it for the Pacifica (quite the expensive detailing bill), but the seats under these Summer Infant Elite DuoMats was PRISTINE like we just bought it.

HIGHLY recommend.

#5 ·
We have Four of these in our Van.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00368CLXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

They work AMAZING.

Two of them are hold overs from our Subaru Tribeca. They are VERY durable. We have three kids. My wife's Tribeca was TRASHED when we sold it for the Pacifica (quite the expensive detailing bill), but the seats under these Summer Infant Elite DuoMats was PRISTINE like we just bought it.

HIGHLY recommend.
I was just about to buy this one but I noticed that yours has better padding. Do you happen to have pictures of it installed in your Pacifica so I can get a better idea of coverage?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CXVIJZW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2IXQ1BFDAX23W

#8 ·
A lot of these seem very similar....I guess the biggest concern is about this rubber residue some leave. That will be horrible.

#9 ·
I've had the prince lionheart leather seat protectors for almost 9 years. They are doing a good job now that my kids are in boosters and did a good job of preventing scuffs or other markings of the leather in my 06 acura tl (replaced with pacifica) as well as keeping the crumbs and sand contained. However, when the kids were in regular car seats, the child seat is so tight to the car's seat and left squished into place for years resulting in permanent indentations in the leather seat. I don't think any seat protector can prevent that if the child seat is properly installed. I
See Prince Lionheart 2-Stage Car Seat Saver - Tan - Babies"R"Us

#12 ·
online concerns of these are of black rresidue on the seats if the rubber melts via heat in car

can u post pics of the underside of that mmodel

#15 ·
so silly how if u choose the 2 quantity option u are paying way more

#14 ·
The protectors I posted were the "elite" version
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00368CLXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

We haven't had any melting on the underside whatsoever. We have had some "wear" from general rubbing as the kids climb in and out of booster seats slightly moving the protector, but after ... more than 5 years of use I'd call that acceptable! I'll try to grab some pictures of the underside. FYI for relative temperatures we live in Maryland and my previous vehicle had black leather seats. The Pacifica has the alloy leather seats and no sign of melting (though it's Winter). The Rubber on the elite mats is grey so I don't know where any black residue would possibly come from.

#16 ·
does this model have the strap that goes around the top of the head rest

#19 ·
i may just stick with the walmart one i found....keep it from slipping down some

#21 ·
We have 2 Diono Radian RXTs (1 rear and 1 front facing) and swapped out our Price Lionheart protectors for Diono's own Ultra Mat when we got our last van. There was nothing particularly *wrong* with the Prince Lionheart protectors but they were too stiff for our liking which in my opinion made it harder for me to get the seats installed to where they felt stable. Diono told us that they perform crash testing with their mats in place and certifies the combo. We took the mats out of our 3 year old T&C to transfer everything to our Pacifica and the seats were in perfect shape.

https://us.diono.com/product/ultra-mat/

#23 ·
I have the Brica seat protector too. When the older kids used car seats, I had the Prince Lionheart ones and man were those things pricey! Glad they got some competition.

#27 ·
None of these are crash tested unless specifically listed in the manual, mostly meaning the brand that matches the seat. Our car insurance voids coverage if there's an accident with injury and a 3rd party item is used. Most do they just don't tell you. You really don't need them. Seats are made flat now so people stopped using these.

#28 ·
Old thread but don't want to make up a new one.

Does anyone know if there is a company that makes a seat cover that splits 60/40 for the rear bench, AND covers the floor when the seats are down. I'd assume it would be pretty complicated to make all that work with the seats folding into the floor the way they do.

#29 ·
So got my son a milkshake the other day. The shop still uses styrofoam. Well on the way home he starts yelling, I look back and the dude put his thumb through the side of the cup and the shake was pouring out all over him. I thought I got it mostly cleaned up but knew I'd need to take his seat apart to wash it.

Well I get around to it that evening and thank god for the seat protector because the shake oozed through the car seat and was pooled on the protector. Without it it would have been all into the perforated seats. Phew!

#36 ·
I have had 2 of the Diono Ultra mats installed under 2 Diono Radian RXT's for at least 2 years in our previous 2013 T&C with light gray leather seats, and these same mats now in our Pacifica with Alloy leather interior for 10 months. No issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Ultra-...06023256&sr=8-1&keywords=diono+seat+protector

I also have 2 Britax Vehicle Seat Protectors installed under 2 Britax Pioneer's for the last 7 months in my 2016 Ram 2500 with black leather, also with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080HPXH...237J5QYX4JK1SPWZ1&ie=UTF8&qid=1506023256&sr=1

Both vehicles sit out in the sun day in and day out while we are at work with not even a hint of either mat melting.

Reactions: limsilas
#38 ·
ihave three walmart ones, had no issues, california sun

#40 ·
I would say this is very true, except when the car seat protector is branded by the seat manufacturer and crash tested along with the seat. This is absolutely the case with Diono, and I believe Britax as well.

Reactions: pachyderm
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.