·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SafeFit-Complete-Seat-Protector/45414476

just bought that from walmart to see how it is...seems ok, it was cheap...

put the diono radian 100 in the middle, now need to fit a prosport recaro and proride recaro on the sides...
after i read how to remove head rest........sigh...i miss the yukon middle seat already, lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have Four of these in our Van.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00368CLXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

They work AMAZING.

Two of them are hold overs from our Subaru Tribeca. They are VERY durable. We have three kids. My wife's Tribeca was TRASHED when we sold it for the Pacifica (quite the expensive detailing bill), but the seats under these Summer Infant Elite DuoMats was PRISTINE like we just bought it.

HIGHLY recommend.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We have Four of these in our Van.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00368CLXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

They work AMAZING.

Two of them are hold overs from our Subaru Tribeca. They are VERY durable. We have three kids. My wife's Tribeca was TRASHED when we sold it for the Pacifica (quite the expensive detailing bill), but the seats under these Summer Infant Elite DuoMats was PRISTINE like we just bought it.

HIGHLY recommend.
I was just about to buy this one but I noticed that yours has better padding. Do you happen to have pictures of it installed in your Pacifica so I can get a better idea of coverage?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CXVIJZW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2IXQ1BFDAX23W

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Royal Oxford Luxury car seat protector. They are ultra durable and made of PVC leather. It also has advanced transparent anti-slip PVC dots to extra grip to keep the mat securely in a place.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was just about to buy this one but I noticed that yours has better padding. Do you happen to have pictures of it installed in your Pacifica so I can get a better idea of coverage?
I'll give it a try tonight but it may be too dark to get a good phone picture. The wife uses the Pacifica as her DD :crying:. At worst I'll grab something Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of these seem very similar....I guess the biggest concern is about this rubber residue some leave. That will be horrible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had the prince lionheart leather seat protectors for almost 9 years. They are doing a good job now that my kids are in boosters and did a good job of preventing scuffs or other markings of the leather in my 06 acura tl (replaced with pacifica) as well as keeping the crumbs and sand contained. However, when the kids were in regular car seats, the child seat is so tight to the car's seat and left squished into place for years resulting in permanent indentations in the leather seat. I don't think any seat protector can prevent that if the child seat is properly installed. I
See Prince Lionheart 2-Stage Car Seat Saver - Tan - Babies"R"Us

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll give it a try tonight but it may be too dark to get a good phone picture. The wife uses the Pacifica as her DD :crying:. At worst I'll grab something Friday afternoon.
Let's see if i'm allowed to post pictures yet ...Took some with the carseats out so you can see the coverage. Note: you technically "can" stow-and-go with them still on, but it requires some serious pressure on the floor door. I've decided to take them off to stow.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
online concerns of these are of black rresidue on the seats if the rubber melts via heat in car

can u post pics of the underside of that mmodel

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The protectors I posted were the "elite" version
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00368CLXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

We haven't had any melting on the underside whatsoever. We have had some "wear" from general rubbing as the kids climb in and out of booster seats slightly moving the protector, but after ... more than 5 years of use I'd call that acceptable! I'll try to grab some pictures of the underside. FYI for relative temperatures we live in Maryland and my previous vehicle had black leather seats. The Pacifica has the alloy leather seats and no sign of melting (though it's Winter). The Rubber on the elite mats is grey so I don't know where any black residue would possibly come from.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anyone just use towels under their seats? We currently do that but I wouldn't be opposed to something more stylish. I am worried about the rubber residue if that is a thing, since our cars heat up to who knows how much when it's 115 outside. These are on sale today on amazon.. https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-DuoMat-Seat-Black/dp/B008J3UD2U/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1486478273&sr=8-1&keywords=Summer+Infant+-+DuoMat&th=1
so silly how if u choose the 2 quantity option u are paying way more

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The protectors I posted were the "elite" version
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00368CLXW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

We haven't had any melting on the underside whatsoever. We have had some "wear" from general rubbing as the kids climb in and out of booster seats slightly moving the protector, but after ... more than 5 years of use I'd call that acceptable! I'll try to grab some pictures of the underside. FYI for relative temperatures we live in Maryland and my previous vehicle had black leather seats. The Pacifica has the alloy leather seats and no sign of melting (though it's Winter). The Rubber on the elite mats is grey so I don't know where any black residue would possibly come from.

does this model have the strap that goes around the top of the head rest

·
Registered
23 Posts
does this model have the strap that goes around the top of the head rest
Negative, the elite does not have a strap. It does result in the top foldable half flopping down if it's not under a carseat I will admit. We've only had high back boosters, full carseats, and infant car seats and it's been fine with all of those.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i may just stick with the walmart one i found....keep it from slipping down some

·
Registered
245 Posts
We're using the Diono Grip it with our Diono seats. It's under $10 at Amazon.
These have been in my other car 2+ years. I did not notice any residue.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts