2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at the Thule Motion XXL box but would like something with a lower profile. Has anyone used the Thule Motion Alpine cargo box on their Pacifica? It’s 7’10.6” x 37.4 x 14 - wondering if it will fit without hitting the antenna or lift gate.

It’s about 3” longer than the Motion XXL (7’7.5 x37.5x18” ) but with a 4” lower profile.

Any other suggestions for low profile cargo boxes?

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Keep in mind that the Pacifica has a 150 lbs weight limit on the factory rack. While any slim box is going to weigh less than this, it's likely you're going to quickly exceed this limit once you add cargo. And being that there is no other option for the Pacifica as far an after market rack goes, all of us are kinda stuck in the same scenario. Now if you completely ignore the weight limit or only store pillows, sleeping bags or coats in the box, then I'm a big fan of Yakima SkyBox products.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had at least 125 lbs in both my boxes and had zero issues with both Thule racks that were side by each on my trip from Toronto to key west Florida . Just remember when you pack them to put load in middle where cross bars are and light stuff on the front and back . The key here is weight distribution and packing it for balance . I’m a huge fan of aero racks . I’ll share with you guys a secret to using cross bars when I’m done this test of mine next week to even make the load right up to 150 lbs and over . I’ll keep you guys posted .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the comments about weight, but I’m really wondering if anyone here has used the Thule Motion Alpine Cargo Box without any lift-gate or antennae clearance issues? Or if anyone here uses a low profile box they would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Purchase completed - so if anyone is interested in a lower profile box, the Thule Motion XT Alpine does in deed fit the Pacifica with the factory rails in the shorter position. I grabbed it today from REI taking advantage of their 20% off Labor Day sale. I’m digging the look and visually think it has the best proportions out of all the Thule options. Its 13.25" tall, 16 cubic feet interior space and weighs 55 lbs leaving just shy of 100 lbs for cargo without exceeding Chrysler’s roof weight capacity. I'm pretty happy with the look...time will tell if it holds up.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looks good , I must say Thule racks are worth the money . The extra space on trips make for a more pleasure able ride for everybody . ...lol....expect the guy who bought the rack and has to load and unload it all the time . Looks good man , happy motoring .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
CANADAHYBRIDGUY
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing