2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is a cargo type net that can be used vertically so that if you have the 3rd row up and you need to stack a couple items behind it when you open the rear hatch the items don't fall out because the net stops them from going past the hatch opening.

I hope that makes sense. It does in my head. :).

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not been able to locate one or anything similar that could work. I don't even think there are hooks or whatever on the back area to attach the net vertically. I does not need to be super high. It would be even better if there were2 different attach points at 2 different heights in the back of the van. This way you can attach the net from the hatch lip up say 18-24 inches or move up 2 feet and attach the net from there up another 18-24 inch etc.

Maybe I am asking for 2 much. I don't understand why a net of some sort isn't available on a vehicle with such an extremly wide rear opening when nets are offered in cars and suv's all the time.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have not been able to locate one or anything similar that could work. I don't even think there are hooks or whatever on the back area to attach the net vertically. I does not need to be super high. It would be even better if there were2 different attach points at 2 different heights in the back of the van. This way you can attach the net from the hatch lip up say 18-24 inches or move up 2 feet and attach the net from there up another 18-24 inch etc.

Maybe I am asking for 2 much. I don't understand why a net of some sort isn't available on a vehicle with such an extremely wide rear opening when nets are offered in cars and suv's all the time.
There must be 4 hooks because they offer a Pet Kennel now that straps in 4 places (see picture). But I believe they are all mounted low (there are 2 at back tailgates step, haven't looked for front 2).

Link to accessories: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Mopar Accessories

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pappa thanks for the link. That pet carrier goes into the van. 2 hooks at the rear step area and 2 more hooks further into the area (it also is for the 3rd row being folded). What I want is to go UP with the net from the rear step so things can be stacked up when the 3rd row is bein used and will help prevent the stacked items from falling out when the tailgate opens.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts