2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we got our 2019 Pacifica Limited back in May I was able to connect with CarPlay. I haven’t used it since and now I cannot connect. My iPhone-5 doesn’t detect the car’s Uconnect. Any ideas/suggestions?.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me try another question. Is anybody able to connect to Uconnect and use Carplay with the latest Apple IOS and Uconnect version?

·
Registered
685 Posts
As far as I know, Carplay only works in iPhones if they are connected via USB using the top USB port in your dashboard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have used CarPlay with the latest iPhone Xs and iPhone 8s without an issue other than it losing the connection on occasion requiring me to dis-reconnect it to that USB port. There still seem to be quite a few bugs remaining on the current UConnect software, but it does seem to be better than previous revs. For comparison my spouse's 2015 Mercedes works almost flawlessly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
CarPlay is finicky about the cable used to connect. Try a different one and see what happens. Does the phone show the battery charging icon when you plug it in? There have been a few instances of the USB port coming disconnected from the head unit under the dash. And you are unlocking the iPhone when it is plugged into the car, yes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got both our iPhone-X and iPhone-5 working with Uconnect and Carplay. I believe the issue was as ‘citanic’ mentioned regarding using the USB port in the top part of the dashboard. I was connecting to the floor USB port (doh!) on our 2019 Pacifica Limited. Worked really well on our 1700 mile trip. The only glitch was with the iPhone-5 where the navigation app Waze would close about every hour for no reason I could identify. Fortunately just restarting the app would resume where it closed.

Thanks for the replies!

...Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts