2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am legit at my wits end with this carplay issue. I have a 2018 limited and from day one it hasn’t worked. I have taken it in and they keep “updating the car and telling me I need to make sure I have the right cable blah blah blah. Well guess what it was in for a slew of other issues and I had a loaner vehicle. My phone with the same cable I use worked PERFECTLY with that cars carplay. It was a Jeep renegade. I tell them and welp they updated the car 🙄 and guess what...... IT STILL DOESNT WORK! Chrysler WTF is up with this. I am beyond mad and this is absolutely ridiculous for a 50000 dollar car that is 15 months old. Oh wait it never worked so a brand new car! What’s the next step!!! It tells me my device isn’t supported. Either this car needs a complete new radio OR at a minimum a new USB port. I need Chrysler to get back to me. And before you ask its a iPhone 8 Plus and yes it’s completely updated and I use the factory cable 🙄🙄

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dumb question perhaps but what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? That's pretty vague. What's happening when you plug your phone in to a USB port?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2018 Pacifica my Carplay has always worked fine. I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 11 and now CarPlay does not work. It does not recognize my iPhone 11. Called the dealer they said call uconnect, called uconnect they said call AppleCare. AppleCare did work with me to make sure everything was set up properly, they think it might be a software issue. As of now no CarPlay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is really strange...

Are you guys connecting your iPhone with a USB cable going to the upper most USB slot in the dash? If/when I do this, the "Phone" icon on my dash becomes a "CarPlay" icon and CarPlay works fine. This is with iPhone 6+, and XS Max with latest iOS.

When I plug it in and it doesn't work, I take the cable out and blow in the iPhone plug hole, there's usually a small piece of lint stuck in there as my phone is always in my jeans pocket. Clean it up, plug it back in and it works everytime.

This -should- work, let us know if it still doesn't...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts