2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving our new 2020 limited Just brought home two weeks ago. Everything works great. But 3x this week I’ve gotten in and when connecting my phone to charger cord CarPlay function doesn’t come on. It’s like the USB port (near aux) isn’t reading the cord. Tried different cords too and still the same thing. But then will get in a few hours later and it works. Is this operator error or maybe something wrong with USB port?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just to eliminate the obvious, you’re unlocking your phone after plugging the USB cable in, right? In my experience, the phone needs to be unlocked after the cable is inserted but before Carplay activates.

If that isn’t the issue, there may be an issue with the USB port, though I would switch out the cable itself just to be sure the issue isn’t there.

If both of those things are ineffective at resolving the issue, make an appointment at your dealer to get the port checked.

Good luck! Also, if you put your van’s details in your signature, it can help folks on the forum address any issues you bring to the community, as many are unique top model years, trim and hybrid/non-hybrid.

·
Registered
217 Posts
We have been surprised how short a lifespan the USB cables can have. In our 2019 which is just a few months over a year old we have probably gone through 4-6 cables. Some of these which will not work for Apple Carplay will still charge a phone in the house. When we find a cable that will not work for Carplay and replace it with a new cable it always solves the problem. We have also found that while more expensive the genuine Apple cables to be more durable and last longer.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Loving our new 2020 limited Just brought home two weeks ago. Everything works great. But 3x this week I’ve gotten in and when connecting my phone to charger cord CarPlay function doesn’t come on. It’s like the USB port (near aux) isn’t reading the cord. Tried different cords too and still the same thing. But then will get in a few hours later and it works. Is this operator error or maybe something wrong with USB port?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yea, you have to unlock your phone to use carplay. Its a security feature so that someone can't just access your info by plugging in your iphone to the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts