2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a link to the news story. They showed a van with a engine fire during the story. I don’t think they should have done that. That’s not fair as it’s an engine fire that can happen on all vehicles.
They also showed pics and a video of an explosion caught by a security camera. I do feel her fear. I also think some are over reacting. However our kids are grown and gone. We park in an unattached garage. We love our van and have had no issues at all. I hope Chrysler will address this issue soon. I want to keep our van and buy a new one in the future.
‘Cars burst into flames’: Local mom terrified after learning minivan could spontaneously explode

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here is a link to the news story. They showed a van with a engine fire during the story. I don’t they should have done that.
They also showed pics and a video of an explosion caught by a security camera. I do feel her fear. I also think some are over reacting. However our kids are grown and gone. We park in an unattached garage. We love our van and have had no issues at all. I hope Chrysler will address this issue soon. I want to keep our van and buy a new one in the future.
‘Cars burst into flames’: Local mom terrified after learning minivan could spontaneously explode
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Really interesting video. Learned there have been 12 van fires out of 20,000 vehicles produced. A potential danger, yes, but statistically very, very small.

At the very end of the video, the woman who was interviewed and so concerned for the safety of her family turned down a buyback offer because Chrysler wanted a NDA. I don't think I'd put my discomfort about signing an NDA ahead of the safety of my family.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Really interesting video. Learned there have been 12 van fires out of 20,000 vehicles produced. A potential danger, yes, but statistically very, very small.

At the very end of the video, the woman who was interviewed and so concerned for the safety of her family turned down a buyback offer because Chrysler wanted a NDA. I don't think I'd put my discomfort about signing an NDA ahead of the safety of my family.
Instead she put the safety of everyone else in front of her own, by being able to publicly talk about the issue. Not only does more exposure of the issue put pressure on FCA to actually fix it, it also helps others learn about the issue and avoid it themselves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I agree.

·
Registered
884 Posts

Yeah, wow, she should have taken the money and run on that one given her level of discomfort. I’ve gotta believe the lawyer helped her make that decision.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Here is a link to the news story. They showed a van with a engine fire during the story. I don’t they should have done that.
It’s interesting that the news story, instead of simply focusing on the problem at hand decided to delve into the fact that she was pregnant and even focused the camera on her belly at one point. They also said, “Not long after, she learned the entire van was under recall because of the risk of fire while parked”. My question is, are there recalls out there where only a partial vehicle is under recall? 😅

Just wish some of these media outlets would just try to tell the story without all the fluff and bias. I think I even saw that they put a sonogram in the video. Was that a sonogram of the woman they were interviewing? My guess is ‘no’. Does it have anything to do with the story? Not really.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm going through the lemon law process and there's no NDA either.

The woman in the video did a good service to the community by sharing the dangers of the van rather than let herself be silenced by the people who both created the problem and are responsible for fixing it.
But it’s possible her lawyer told her he could get her more if she kept the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Yeah, wow, she should have taken the money and run on that one given her level of discomfort. I’ve gotta believe the lawyer helped her make that decision.
But it’s possible her lawyer told her he could get her more if she kept the car.
I think it's likely related to the lawyer in addition to wanting to warn other owners, but let's not forget there's no proof that she's continuing to drive it despite the danger. So jumping to the conclusion that she's not thinking about her family's safety by saying no to the buy back is a bit odd.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think it's likely related to the lawyer in addition to wanting to warn other owners, but let's not forget there's no proof that she's continuing to drive it despite the danger. So jumping to the conclusion that she's not thinking about her family's safety by saying no to the buy back is a bit odd.
It’s a noble cause to warn other owners although Chrysler should have sent out “recall notices” to everyone that owns the van. I suppose there could be some non-original owners who haven’t been informed yet. And I’m certainly not backing Chrysler on this one. They’ve done a horrible job with it and they’re not moving very fast on it either. But that lady who was complaining about having bought a van and now not being able to drive it…if she was that upset, just take the money and buy a different van. I think the lawyer probably told her he’d get her twice as much money if she held on to the car and filed a suit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s a noble cause to warn other owners although Chrysler should have sent out “recall notices” to everyone that owns the van. I suppose there could be some non-original owners who haven’t been informed yet. And I’m certainly not backing Chrysler on this one. They’ve done a horrible job with it and they’re not moving very fast on it either. But that lady who was complaining about having bought a van and now not being able to drive it…if she was that upset, just take the money and buy a different van. I think the lawyer probably told her he’d get her twice as much money if she held on to the car and filed a suit.
Ford is Having problems with its ICE SUV's saw the following today:
"Ford is asking the owners of 350,000 vehicles in to take them to dealers for repairs in three recalls, including about 39,000 that should be parked outdoors because the engines can catch fire.
Ford says in U.S. government documents posted Thursday that it doesn’t know what’s causing fires in some 2021 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts