2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm kind of stuck. My wife is in the hospital and I can't afford to have to console out for any period of time, plus I'm spending any spare time I have packing and getting ready to move in the next few weeks. My new console is sitting in the garage. I did some testing on the lights though, so I know how I'm going to wire them up if there's no connectors in the harness. Just two LED's, one for the cup holders, the other lights when you open the sliding top compartment door. I'm going to try to do it between the time she gets out of the hospital's rehab center and when the moving van shows up.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Anyone planning to order a super console via EBay should call the EBay source vendor and tell them "no-way" if the wiring (or anything else) has been removed and that it will be returned along with a bad EBay review and contested credit card purchase if they do so. If you buy an engine off EBay you have a right to expect it to have &%$ pistons (unless otherwise stated)! They are taking these consoles out of working Pacificas and going to extra effort to remove the internal wiring that they know WE will need to install this not-so-Super Console. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND COMPLETELY DISHONEST IF NOT CLEARLY INDICATED BEFORE PURCHASE!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Anyone planning to order a super console via EBay should call the EBay source vendor and tell them "no-way" if the wiring (or anything else) has been removed and that it will be returned along with a bad EBay review and contested credit card purchase if they do so. If you buy an engine off EBay you have a right to expect it to have &%$ pistons (unless otherwise stated)! They are taking these consoles out of working Pacificas and going to extra effort to remove the internal wiring that they know WE will need to install this not-so-Super Console. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND COMPLETELY DISHONEST IF NOT CLEARLY INDICATED BEFORE PURCHASE!!
Good point, I'm sure he gets these consoles without the harness since they are taken out to fit the vehicle for a wheelchair lift and I guess they keep the harness since they still need the FOB transceiver to work. The guy that's selling them is not the one that's keeping the harnesses. I knew that since I picked mine up and fully expected to use my current harness with the new console. He does show with bracket, but he should say "without harness" just to protect himself. I doubt that he's being dishonest though, it's more like he's being negligent.

If the harness was there, I'd have made the swap by now, I just can't take the time to do it all and not have a functioning vehicle for even a few hours right now.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Good point, I'm sure he gets these consoles without the harness since they are taken out to fit the vehicle for a wheelchair lift and I guess they keep the harness since they still need the FOB transceiver to work. The guy that's selling them is not the one that's keeping the harnesses. I knew that since I picked mine up and fully expected to use my current harness with the new console. He does show with bracket, but he should say "without harness" just to protect himself. I doubt that he's being dishonest though, it's more like he's being negligent.

If the harness was there, I'd have made the swap by now, I just can't take the time to do it all and not have a functioning vehicle for even a few hours right now.
Usually when I buy from EBay the various sources go out of their way to far exceed my expectations. It isn't that the parts were removed that bugs me, it's that he didn't mention it in his add. I don't know what he is selling but they are not functional Super Consoles because of the missing electronics.

And if it was negligence originally, I'll bet he knows they are nonfunctional now but still doesn't show it in his ad. I guess one clue is that his picture doesn't show the USB and cigarette lighter power ports either. Just a big hole in the front. When I took my Super Console out those plugs came out with it along with all lights and complete harness.

How many parts from your old console transfer and how many have to be ordered now to make your non functioning "meh" console with the missing electronics, haha, into a full Super Console? Did you even get the lights? Hopefully anyone reading this forum will see his ad and just keep on looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Usually when I buy from EBay the various sources go out of their way to far exceed my expectations. It isn't that the parts were removed that bugs me, it's that he didn't mention it in his add. I don't know what he is selling but they are not functional Super Consoles because of the missing electronics.

And if it was negligence originally, I'll bet he knows they are nonfunctional now but still doesn't show it in his ad. I guess one clue is that his picture doesn't show the USB and cigarette lighter power ports either. Just a big hole in the front. When I took my Super Console out those plugs came out with it along with all lights and complete harness.

How many parts from your old console transfer and how many have to be ordered now to make your non functioning "meh" console with the missing electronics, haha, into a full Super Console? Did you even get the lights? Hopefully anyone reading this forum will see his ad and just keep on looking elsewhere.
My plan is to use my existing harness and add some wiring from the 12 outlet to the two lights, I might just have them both come on when you open the sliding compartment door, which has a switch for that purpose. No biggie, I kind of look forward to doing some wiring. I just wonder, if you were to order the console from Chrysler, would it come with the harness and accessory panel, or would those be add-on parts. Would the bracket come with it or is that also a separate part? How about the FOB transponder? I remember years ago when I ordered a hood liner for my Dodge P/U (pack rats), and was sort of taken back when I also had to buy a set of clips to hold it in place. If those parts were needed, why didn't they include them with the liner? Just saying, that's how things work sometimes.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My plan is to use my existing harness and add some wiring from the 12 outlet to the two lights, I might just have them both come on when you open the sliding compartment door, which has a switch for that purpose. No biggie, I kind of look forward to doing some wiring. I just wonder, if you were to order the console from Chrysler, would it come with the harness and accessory panel, or would those be add-on parts. Would the bracket come with it or is that also a separate part? How about the FOB transponder? I remember years ago when I ordered a hood liner for my Dodge P/U (pack rats), and was sort of taken back when I also had to buy a set of clips to hold it in place. If those parts were needed, why didn't they include them with the liner? Just saying, that's how things work sometimes.
Well, if memory serves I think you told me once that you used to be in the electronics (PCB manufacturing?) business so I know this won't challenge you when you have fewer pressures for your time and you might even end up improving their design in the process (more lights, turn that long drawer into a fridge + microwave, etc.). :grin2:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, if memory serves I think you told me once that you used to be in the electronics (PCB manufacturing?) business so I know this won't challenge you when you have fewer pressures for your time and you might even end up improving their design in the process (more lights, turn that long drawer into a fridge + microwave, etc.). :grin2:
Yeah, used to do a lot of that, but left a lot of the soldering and assembly to my wife. Unfortunately, she is no longer able to do that, along with a lot of things. Her memory took a left turn one day and she kept going straight. Right now she's in rehab at the hospital trying out her new hip. That and getting ready to move does add some pressure, but maybe we can make a few adjustments to the console electronics and add a "party time" button.:nerd:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
OK, ALL DONE.... Yup, my wife is out of the hospital sporting her new hip and able to get around, so I took the time to change out the console. My son took out the four bolts and seat slide trim a few weeks ago, so today, all my son and I had to do was to loosen up the two front nuts, move the console back, disconnect three wiring connectors to the harness then remove the old console. Taking out the harness wasn't as easy as I thought, we wound up taking the console apart to get to where the harness was secured and to be able to take it out intact. The new console came apart a bit easier, six screws on top and two on the sides and we were able to route the harness into position to get it to the FOB module. I added a few wires to get power to the two mini-lights, but I didn't connect them since I couldn't figure out which wires would give me 12 volts (yes, I had a meter, no, it would not read the voltage, even with the ignition on), and I didn't think it was that big a deal not to have those lights working. I can always go back and connect them now that they're there.

Anyway, it took us under two and a half hours to replace the console, four bolts and the seat trim. Add that to the half-hour to take the bolts and trim out, we've got about three hours invested in the change. Oh, the old console will wind up in the recycle bin, yes, it has value, but it was just not worth the effort to put it back together after we took it apart.

Yes, I am happy now that it's finally installed....:smile2:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Oh yeah, one other thing I did while we had the console and the FOB transceiver out was to try to start the vehicle. As expected, it wouldn't start without detecting the FOB, but I was still able to start it by pressing the end of the FOB against the start button, just like it was suppose to do...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I ordered my deluxe console for the Touring off ebay today and it included an aluminum bracket.

I didn't even know about the lighted cup holder and have no plans to wire that up. Wife wants the extra storage and neither of us have had lighted cup holders before (not even on the 750Li) so we won't know what we're missing.

Other than hooking up the USB and 12V receptacle, any other wiring needed for those who don't mind a dark cup holder?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh yeah, one other thing I did while we had the console and the FOB transceiver out was to try to start the vehicle. As expected, it wouldn't start without detecting the FOB, but I was still able to start it by pressing the end of the FOB against the start button, just like it was suppose to do...
I've tested my Accord with the battery out of the fob and it works the same.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I ordered my deluxe console for the Touring off ebay today and it included an aluminum bracket.

I didn't even know about the lighted cup holder and have no plans to wire that up. Wife wants the extra storage and neither of us have had lighted cup holders before (not even on the 750Li) so we won't know what we're missing.

Other than hooking up the USB and 12V receptacle, any other wiring needed for those who don't mind a dark cup holder?
I added a couple of wires from where the two outlets are up to where the FOB transceiver is,, with the intentions of wiring the two LED's for the cup holder and the sliding door compartment, but like you, I couldn't see any need right now other than saying that I did it. If I can't locate the cup holder without needing a light, or if I can't reach into that compartment and not find what I'm looking for in the dark, I'll go ahead and finish wiring those LED's up. Who knows, maybe I'll have some extra time and a burning desire to finish the job and I'll do it anyway.... And you're right, I've never had a lit cup holder or a lit console compartment, so I don't know what I'm missing either.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I added a couple of wires from where the two outlets are up to where the FOB transceiver is,, with the intentions of wiring the two LED's for the cup holder and the sliding door compartment, but like you, I couldn't see any need right now other than saying that I did it. If I can't locate the cup holder without needing a light, or if I can't reach into that compartment and not find what I'm looking for in the dark, I'll go ahead and finish wiring those LED's up. Who knows, maybe I'll have some extra time and a burning desire to finish the job and I'll do it anyway.... And you're right, I've never had a lit cup holder or a lit console compartment, so I don't know what I'm missing either.
How about adding a USB splitter from the front before hooking up the stock USB and running a long wire to the rear if the new console so the rear can charge up devices? Touring doesn't have rear USB and this is a good time to add it while everything is apart. Might be simpler to use a splitter at the main and run a long wire along the seat edge at floor level. Mounted in the console would be cleaner.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok, since I am late to the party only having picked up my hybrid on May 5, I'm sorry again for dragging this thread from the dead. In an effort not to break the super console I just bought I am trying to figure out how to take it apart (as you did) to get to the point where I can see where to put my old fob transceiver and the wiring from the previous console. I see a bunch of screws at the bottom, but you said you removed the top and I don't see how to do that. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide, for a less then technical (when it comes to cars, but not computers) guy.

Many thanks for getting me to this point. I went to the dealer today and they wanted A LOT of money to do this.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Would it be possible to take my van to one of these conversion places and have them replace the console? Are there any in SoCal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
passthru console 2019 Pacifica

Newby here so my apologies early if this is a rehash post. I just bought one of the passthru style consoles and installed it this weekend. The original low console had the FOB receiver clipped into the rear of the plastic floor mounting bracket that gets replaced with a galvanized steel bracket for the passthru console. Now I have 2 questions. Why does the new steel floor mounting bracket have the word FRONT and 2 arrows pointing to the back of the car? The floor studs are spaced differently and that's the only way it will fit. Secondly, where does the FOB receiver mount in the new console? The steel mount is much lower than the original low console mount and there are no clips or screw holes to mount the receiver. Does it mount somewhere else in the passthru console? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone successfully installed oem wiring harness for the super console upgrade? Reason I ask is dealership parts dept said once i buy the wiring harness, it cant be returned anymore.

Ref: mopar wiring harness part#68228600AC

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anyone successfully installed oem wiring harness for the super console upgrade? Reason I ask is dealership parts dept said once i buy the wiring harness, it cant be returned anymore.

Ref: mopar wiring harness part#68228600AC
I bought one of these harness when I changed my basic console out for the super console. After I saw it wasn't plug and play I gave up. Also my super console didn't have the led's installed either.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts