2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed the super console in my Touring Plus.
I bought the factory harness and it is a complete plug and play as long as you are replacing the mid level
console. The cupholder lights and the drawer light operate correctly.
It took me an hour to do the swap. I believe I'm the only one who has swapped a S package console
as it is all black. No difference in the swap, just the color.
Look at my garage to see the completed install photos.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the super console in my Touring Plus.
I bought the factory harness and it is a complete plug and play as long as you are replacing the mid level
console. The cupholder lights and the drawer light operate correctly.
It took me an hour to do the swap. I believe I'm the only one who has swapped a S package console
as it is all black. No difference in the swap, just the color.
Look at my garage to see the completed install photos.
What is the part number of the harness you have used? I have talked to parts dept and for limited it needs to be 68228600ad, so i ordered and warned its not returnable. Btw, here is the diagram, which look correct. I got touring l btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is the correct part number

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there,

Thanks to this thread i also have successfully replaced my center console with the super deluxe model.
Note for those of us coming from the basic model:

1 - To install the new console just remove the under the seat rail covers.
start from the back. Pop the little plastic screw and remove the cover. that will uncover a regular screw (i think it was a torx). then go to the front and you will see another torx screw.. take that off and that's it. the cover is being held by just 2 clips at this point. so go under the seat and push the covers away from the seat towards the console. that will get them off.

you will find a black plastic mount. the Keyfob antenna is mounted to this. now some people have just moved the antenna to the top of the computer right under that. but, since it was only 2 wires i cut the wires and extended the harness so i was able to properly mount the antenna in its intended location on the new console. (under the drawer behind the cup holders.)

2 -
if you already doing this might as well finish the job nd get those lights on the new console working. its very easy. just get 2 wires to run 12 volts from the 12v adapter lighting in the front. (get a multimeter and turn the lights on and off and you will find the correct wires)
run those wires to the back. now my console came with the led lights. in order to figure out where the power goes, look at the connector for the led on the little drawer. i believe one was black and the other one yellow. (black will be your ground and yellow your positive)

Now the led on the cup holder has 4 pins but no connector. to help you identify which 2 pins to use, just connect the connector from the drawer led in to the cup holder led and you will see which pins to use. (first 2 pins)

basically that's what i did and have fully functional console.

Thanks to all that share their experience on this thread.

coming from a dodge caravan with a full console, the pacifica basic console was just horrendous. !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I am about to upgrade from a Touring L console (pass through) to a super console. I've gotten a little confused with some of these posts..................................do I need to buy harness (68228600ac) to be able to use the cup holder lights? If I don't buy the harness, can I just swap everything from the old console and just not have the lights, but have everything operate as before??

Thanks.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
white light bezel, is LED on wiring harness?

I received my take out super console and see the cupholder light bezel which looks identical to the console lamp part #55057419AB except it is all white/clear instead of black. Will the LED be part of the wiring harness that connects to this white part, or will this white bezel be replaced with the black lamp part that I need to order? Just not sure I need to order the lamp too, or if the wiring harness will connect to it to light it up. I just expected there to be a LED and connector attached to this white bezel part. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You need the black lamp. I converted a pass thru from our Touring L to the super console and to make every light work as it should I purchased the parts below.
My super console came with the LED in the sliding lid compartment but did not have the LED for the cup holders.

68228600AE Wiring-Console
55057425AC Lamp-Floor Console

·
Registered
30 Posts
68228600ac/ad/ae

Thanks for the clarification on the black lamp part. Your update also made me realize there are 3 versions of the wiring harness. One has to wonder what the differences are, if any. I was naively hoping the AC version would be plug & play for those coming from the base console, but probably wishful thinking. There is a photo for the AC version on the parts lookup, but none for AD or AE (AE is $1.20 less expensive than the other 2.) Regardless, I went with the AE version including a note on the order if they would suggest otherwise.

You need the black lamp. I converted a pass thru from our Touring L to the super console and to make every light work as it should I purchased the parts below.
My super console came with the LED in the sliding lid compartment but did not have the LED for the cup holders.

68228600AE Wiring-Console
55057425AC Lamp-Floor Console

·
Registered
19 Posts
You'll be ok. If the connections don't mate up correctly on the harness, you'll need a small eyeglasses type screwdriver to work the wires out and re insert them to your new harness. You'll get the idea when you look at it.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts