2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L+ VMI wheelchair lowered floor conversion
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
post posting forum question answers:

While diagnosing a power drain issue, the ESS battery was disconnected. some wiring was also suspect. when the suspect wiring was replaced, the battery drain was fixed. the ESS battery was OEM and I knew from reading the forum that a faulty one could be a reason, so this possible drain was eliminated for diagnostic purposes.

original post below:
All,

This is such a great place for learning more about your Pacifica and getting expert owners advice!

This post is simply to share what was done to my '18 and is not intended to give (bad) advice. Admins, please put this post in another area if needed and remove if policy dictates.

With my VMI lowered floor wheelchair conversion, this van has seen more changes and issues than most.

While working on some other symptoms, the ESS battery has been eliminated. The ESS battery connections are now connected to the main battery instead.
The bare connections were equipped with heat-shrink insulation after these pictures were taken. The stop start continues to function as before (meaning the stop-start worked occasionally when things showed as correct which was only about 25% of the time) the wiring changes. Not certain what the OBD2 determines if anything at all.

The battery leads to the extra battery were completely removed from the small battery and are now connected to the main battery. the green wires in the picture are the ones that were added and are now connected to the larger battery terminals instead of the smaller battery.

I had a few dealerships evaluate the system to find out why the ESS warning light was on. They never determined an issue.

thanks again.
Ryan

i'll edit post with answers if necessary
alternateBatteryWiring.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
What was the reason you had this done, did you just not want to use the ESS anymore?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
948 Posts
What was the reason you had this done, did you just not want to use the ESS anymore?
ESS is still functional with this setup.

Reactions: Ryan Fontenot
1 - 4 of 4 Posts