2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I think the consensus here is that if your buying a 40 dollar plus phev or electric be home , and you require a home charger , that going with a ChargePoint , clipper creek , juicebox , etc will cost you a few bucks but will have some history of reliability to them .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Your comments regarding how easy you think it is to filter out bogus Amazon reviews are way out of date. Manipulation of reviews is a major business, and a major problem for Amazon. It’s way past the age where you could simply filter out the ones that had obvious spelling or grammar issues.
LOL, no, it's not that hard. I don't recall what the product was, but the last one I saw was obvious. They were all written in the span of 2 days and offering generic praise with no details. But why talk in the abstract and try to cast doubt on something you can verify? Go look up the Mustart chargers and see for yourself. Report back with a link if you think they are not genuine. Here is the product I bought.

While at Amazon, go look up the "name brand" chargers. Which, by the way, are all made in Chinese factories, no different than Mustart. So that makes them better how exactly? Why, in your mind, is Chargepoint or Juicebox elevated to a level higher than Mustart? Because you feel the name is a little more "American" sounding? Anything other than just your feelings? And how do you know all of the positive reviews for those products are genuine? It could be that Mustart reviews are all genuine, and Chargepoint and/or Juicebox positives are all made up, because they certainly have a lot of negatives, too, so it could be that they are one of these companies that pad their reviews in an attempt to get people to buy their product.

Last week I was looking to possibly get a WiFi-enabled charger because I like data and being able to access things remotely. Plus there is the 30% tax savings on the purchase price, so I figure now is a good time to invest in it. However, I looked at the JuiceBox 40, a 4-1/2 star product, and all of the top reviews on display (5 shown) are 1-star reviews talking about the product's poor longevity. So I passed. Talk about potentially ruining your EV.

For most other electronic equipment there are reviews available from electronics engineers who have taken apart the devices - and exposed the dangerous design flaws. The fact that this happens regularly with Amazon products makes this a very well founded, rational concern.

Has anyone done the same for the Mustart charger?
I haven't seen anyone take apart a Mustart charger. Has anyone done this for Chargepoint or Juicebox? They sure have a lot of negative reviews. Might be worth it to expose the cheap parts behind the plastic and explain why so many Juicebox's fail within a year. I wouldn't trust my EV to that, would you?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the consensus here is that if your buying a 40 dollar plus phev or electric be home , and you require a home charger , that going with a ChargePoint , clipper creek , juicebox , etc will cost you a few bucks but will have some history of reliability to them .
I kinda know think saying what your's trying. I'm pretty sure I made my point, too. So no use beating a dead horse. Just please don't be one of those people that pass along misinformation. It's not helpful.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ratings are determined by only those who respond to the “invitation” to review a product. We have no idea what percent of actual purchasers participate in this activity. And, likely a great portion of these responses are based on what their feelings are at that particular moment, perhaps in a moment of frustration for those who didn’t have a good reception (experience).
Do you really believe that all of these responses are legitimate?
Perhaps we could rate our purchase of the Pacifica. Any takers?

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
88 Posts
I haven't seen anyone take apart a Mustart charger. Has anyone done this for Chargepoint or Juicebox? They sure have a lot of negative reviews. Might be worth it to expose the cheap parts behind the plastic and explain why so many Juicebox's fail within a year. I wouldn't trust my EV to that, would you?
I don’t need to look for someone on Youtube to tell me what might be wrong with my Juicebox because I know that their design has been professionally certified.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
I use Fakespot to analyze product reviews on Amazon. Indeed, faking reviews is big business.

yep, it's a huge business.

Reviews overall are a huge business, to the point where they are utterly and completely useless.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here is an update on the Pacifica that started this thread. It has been at the dealer since August 25. (It is now September 15.) They say they hope to have the part in by September 20 and it will cost $1690.75 for the repair. There goes all the $ I have saved on gas, and then some. (Although I have never needed any engine repairs, so that offsets some of the cost too.)

I wonder if I would have done any better at a service station instead of the dealer. It is hard to imagine doing much worse.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts