2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my chrysler pacifica needs a new starter and they are so much cheaper online versus local stores. I know they are remanned but as long as it works I'm good. Has anyone ever bought a cheap starter replacement off eBay or Hexautoparts with good luck? Is the shipping fast or slow? I see many ebay stores say the shipping handing time will be 5-7 business day due to coronavirus and stay at home order from goverment.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
215 Posts
I would be very careful if you have ESS on your vehicle. The specs are higher due to the duty cycles required by ESS. This might be one time you should stick with OEM.

Your Hex auto parts link goes to the older Pacificas. Not the 2017+ models. Be sure you are looking at the right vehicle when searching.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The OP revealed on another thread that she has the older generation Pacifica.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
215 Posts
Doh!!! And I replied to that thread to note these forums are for the newer Pacificas.

·
Registered
366 Posts
So my chrysler pacifica needs a new starter and they are so much cheaper online versus local stores. I know they are remanned but as long as it works I'm good. Has anyone ever bought a cheap starter replacement off eBay or Hexautoparts with good luck? Is the shipping fast or slow? I see many ebay stores say the shipping handing time will be 5-7 business day due to coronavirus and stay at home order from goverment.
I have read that remanufactured doesn't mean a thing - they don't have to replace anything. You are just buying a used starter. Period.
Have you tried Rock Auto?? I always found them reasonable, huge selection, quick shipping, and had good customer service.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have read that remanufactured doesn't mean a thing - they don't have to replace anything. You are just buying a used starter. Period.
Actually they do have to replace the worn parts. It is fraud if they don't. Of course, there are disreputable sellers in every field.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts