2018 Hybrid Touring L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2018 Hybrid Touring L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dealer visit scheduled, not able to get it serviced for 2 weeks :(
While calling them, found that there are "software updates" available that due to the warranty expiration, now have to be paid for. Anyone know if these can be DIY? (I don't think they're talking about the UConnect, as that seems uptodate.)

· Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Dealer visit scheduled, not able to get it serviced for 2 weeks :(
While calling them, found that there are "software updates" available that due to the warranty expiration, now have to be paid for. Anyone know if these can be DIY? (I don't think they're talking about the UConnect, as that seems uptodate.)
You would have to buy wiTECH Micropod 2 then purchase a temporary license through wiTECH to use it. It would be cheaper to pay the dealer 300 to 400 rather than spend the 1000s required the DIY way.

Be sure to have your dealer check all modules for updates if you have them do this. If you have Uconnect theater there is a VRM update for that as well that can only be done through the dealer via a USB flash drive.

Reactions: FamilyVanMan

· Registered
2018 Hybrid Touring L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chiminivan,
Thanks for encouraging me to close the loop!
More info: that check engine light was on and off (mostly on) for the 2 week period leading up to the dealer appointment.
It's now fixed (knock on wood.)

The dealer tech noted: "Found high temp valve wire connector melted set dtc fault code p0e7b-00. Create VSR and DTC fault code. R and R coolant hoses, high temp shut off valve, replace wires connector to high temp pump. Refill system perform high temp coolant fill and passive coolant fill, reset."
This was covered under the warranty.
Additionally the software updates were not charged as well as part of a rapid response transmittal (21-010 -> 013)

Took longer than I wanted (3+ days) as they needed to order the parts, and apparently needed my approval by a certain time to get the part ordered (even though covered under warranty.) :(

· Registered
5 Posts
You’re awesome, thanks for doing that! Interestingly, I have also become aware that the Check engine light was on/off a couple of times for the last month, before staying on this Monday.

Our Pacifica has about $49K miles on it, I think we’re out of warranty so I’ll report back on how much it ends up being in case it’s helpful to another user!

· Registered
5 Posts
Hopefully final update for me! Was diagnosed with a failed coolant valve as well; wiring seemed fine; also took 3 day shipping, with the holiday ended up in the shop for almost two weeks. I was originally quoted at ~$700, ~50/50 for part and labor. I had to specifically push back and ask them why it wasn’t covered under the Powertrain 5yr/$60k warranty, which is unfortunate. Ended up coming in at $0 cost. If anyone else has this issue, please post so we can track it!

“failed coolant bypass valve b verified complaint scanned vehicle found code P0E7C-00 for coolant bypass valve b control circuit low, performed guided test, check connector for damage, connector was ok, check power at connector, 12.3 vdc was ok, performed actuation and valve did not click on,
install manual 12v to valve and still no click r+r 12v battery negative cable, drain coolant from system, r+r high temp bypass valve b install in reverse order fill and bleed coolant circuit. no issues after repairs”

You’re awesome, thanks for doing that! Interestingly, I have also become aware that the Check engine light was on/off a couple of times for the last month, before staying on this Monday.

Our Pacifica has about $49K miles on it, I think we’re out of warranty so I’ll report back on how much it ends up being in case it’s helpful to another user!

· Registered
5 Posts
Hopefully final update for me! Was diagnosed with a failed coolant valve as well; wiring seemed fine; also took 3 day shipping, with the holiday ended up in the shop for almost two weeks. I was originally quoted at ~$700, ~50/50 for part and labor. I had to specifically push back and ask them why it wasn’t covered under the Powertrain 5yr/$60k warranty, which is unfortunate. Ended up coming in at $0 cost. If anyone else has this issue, please post so we can track it!

“failed coolant bypass valve b verified complaint scanned vehicle found code P0E7C-00 for coolant bypass valve b control circuit low, performed guided test, check connector for damage, connector was ok, check power at connector, 12.3 vdc was ok, performed actuation and valve did not click on,
install manual 12v to valve and still no click r+r 12v battery negative cable, drain coolant from system, r+r high temp bypass valve b install in reverse order fill and bleed coolant circuit. no issues after repairs”
Just to verify, you had it fixed under warranty? Ours is at the dealer now and they are saying the valve needs replaced. 47,000 miles so we are of normal warranty. Before I have them do the work I wanted to see what others experiences were.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
My Pacifica Hybrid threw this same code and the engine light came on at 51 thousand miles. We had to really push the dealer to have it replaced under the 60,000 mile warranty.
In addition, he said that the hybrid technician does not recommend we drive the car and we were asked to leave it at the dealership. He said the replacement part would take 2 weeks to arrive. It’s now been 3 weeks and we’ve been told that it’s back ordered for an indefinite amount of time and when it arrives we’ll be informed. He’s refusing to give us any estimates.

Has anyone had this coolant valve replaced recently? How long did it take to get it done and did you drive your car while you were waiting.

Also, the dealer insisted that we have to pay $220 to flush the coolant and replace it. Said it’s not covered under warranty. After arguing with him about having the valve replaced under warranty, my husband caved and said yes to paying, I’m wondering if anyone else had to pay separately.
FYI, we were told it would cost $2,220 to replace the valve and flush the coolant without the warranty.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
My Pacifica Hybrid threw this same code and the engine light came on at 51 thousand miles. We had to really push the dealer to have it replaced under the 60,000 mile warranty.
In addition, he said that the hybrid technician does not recommend we drive the car and we were asked to leave it at the dealership. He said the replacement part would take 2 weeks to arrive. It’s now been 3 weeks and we’ve been told that it’s back ordered for an indefinite amount of time and when it arrives we’ll be informed. He’s refusing to give us any estimates.

Has anyone had this coolant valve replaced recently? How long did it take to get it done and did you drive your car while you were waiting.

Also, the dealer insisted that we have to pay $220 to flush the coolant and replace it. Said it’s not covered under warranty. After arguing with him about having the valve replaced under warranty, my husband caved and said yes to paying, I’m wondering if anyone else had to pay separately.
FYI, we were told it would cost $2,220 to replace the valve and flush the coolant without the warranty.
Ours was in the shop for a week. We did not pay a dime. I don’t think there is any reason to do a coolant flush at 51k. If they did on ours then there was no charge. Also, they told us we would have to pay but when they resubmitted to try to do it under warranty it came back that it was covered. If we would have had to pay it was around $700 total.

· Registered
7 Posts
Ours was in the shop for a week. We did not pay a dime. I don’t think there is any reason to do a coolant flush at 51k. If they did on ours then there was no charge. Also, they told us we would have to pay but when they resubmitted to try to do it under warranty it came back that it was covered. If we would have had to pay it was around $700 total.

Thanks! When did you have it done?

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! When did you have it done?
I also had to push back, the service advisor specifically thought it was not covered. After my own research here and into the code, had it covered right around 49k miles.

They did not do a coolant flush that was mentioned or in my paper work. They also did not charge me
for it. I would definitely reach out to Chrysler here to see if they can help, it only took me two days+shipping to get the part. Sorry for the bad luck there!

The failure rate right around 50k miles seems problematic, also just got my battery recall notice 😑. Love the van, concerned about durability 😅

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello again,
This is a big ask. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me (or send me a photo) of the invoice with the part number for this valve. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep track of it's availability and maybe start calling around to try and see if it's available elsewhere. The dealer still says the part is "indefinitely available". Are there any other recommendations for the next steps I should take?

Thank you

· Registered
7 Posts
I also had to push back, the service advisor specifically thought it was not covered. After my own research here and into the code, had it covered right around 49k miles.

They did not do a coolant flush that was mentioned or in my paper work. They also did not charge me
for it. I would definitely reach out to Chrysler here to see if they can help, it only took me two days+shipping to get the part. Sorry for the bad luck there!

The failure rate right around 50k miles seems problematic, also just got my battery recall notice 😑. Love the van, concerned about durability 😅
Yeah. We got the battery recall notice too. I absolutely love my PacHy; my husband has been and is incredibly concerned about durability and its fighting the urge to say "I told you so".:p I'm sure it'll be said once I get my car back.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello again,
This is a big ask. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me (or send me a photo) of the invoice with the part number for this valve. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep track of it's availability and maybe start calling around to try and see if it's available elsewhere. The dealer still says the part is "indefinitely available". Are there any other recommendations for the next steps I should take?

Thank you
Coolant balance 68237835AB

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts