2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Ours just threw the same code. We have about 50k miles on it. Got the same status from the dealer of the 2-way coolant valve being on backorder. Located in the Boston MA area.

· Registered
198 Posts
I've been replacing this valve a decent amount recently. Also, it's a three-way coolant valve. For, whatever reason, it's labeled a two-way valve in parts. It's located behind the right front headlamp. It's a bit of a pain to replace without the proper hose clamp tools. It's only covered under the basic warranty

· Registered
5 Posts
I've been replacing this valve a decent amount recently. Also, it's a three-way coolant valve. For, whatever reason, it's labeled a two-way valve in parts. It's located behind the right front headlamp. It's a bit of a pain to replace without the proper hose clamp tools. It's only covered under the basic warranty
It was covered under power train warranty for us which is longer than the basic warranty.

· Registered
7 Posts
Ours just threw the same code. We have about 50k miles on it. Got the same status from the dealer of the 2-way coolant valve being on backorder. Located in the Boston MA area.
I spent a better part of yesterday calling dealerships in my state (Michigan) and the states neighboring mine. I found out that there are about 65 or so cars waiting for this part and that the valve is scheduled to arrive at distribution sites on March 20th. However, there is no guarantee that this time frame is accurate because it was also supposed to arrive in February and it never did. Hope you don’t end up with as long a wait as I’ve had.

· Registered
7 Posts
It is covered by the powertrain warranty.

· Registered
7 Posts
Ours was covered under emissions warranty since its related to the hybrid system. Should get the replacement part on April 25th, hopefully we can get it back on the 26th since that's my wife's day off. Also we're glad we had a loaner, but how people drive and enjoy those new Grand Cherokee, I'll never understand.

· Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
7 Posts
We had both codes POE7B and POE7C shortly after we acquired our 2018 from a private party with 63k miles, so completely out of warranty. My shade tree mechanic wanted no part of those codes and recommended taking it to the dreaded dealership. Engine light was illuminating on and off but became consistent. Just driving around town in EV mode didn't concern me, but didn't want to take it on a road trip using the ICE until it was fixed. Called three Birmingham metro dealers before one even had a service spot open in less than two weeks. When they confirmed the valve had failed they said the valve was on back order for a month (April 2022). They kept it during that time and promised to try and find a way to expedite. Ended up being 6 weeks before they serviced the vehicle which was really annoying since the Rednyeck Swan was out of Comish for our planned beach camping trip. Cost $710 before tax.
Font Material property Document Paper Number

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Got the same DTC on my Pacifica Hybrid 2017.
Dealer says the part is still backorder. Gave me an appointment in 8 days to do the diagnostic, and then they will be able to order the part...
Can anyone give me some details on where this valve is used? Some ppl said they got it replaced under the powertrain warranty, so I guess it's somehow used in the ICE?
What would be the risks of continuing to drive the vehicle, while awaiting that appointment, or even the part to arrive?

If it matters, I live in Montreal Canada, where the outside temperatures are mostly below 32˚F those days.

Thanks.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts