2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing my normal commute in 20°F weather, the gas engine had been running for whatever reason (it is cold outside), then pop check engine light comes on, and gas engine turns off. I start smelling a faint smoke smell... so I turn off the cabin heat. The gas engine never came back on, but it has me concerned.

My vehicle:
* 2017 PacHy
* 17,000 miles, only approx 1,400 gas
* manufacturer in Feb. 2017, received April 2017

What I am doing:
* Schedule a service appointment for tomorrow morning.
* My OBD II reader is at home, so I cannot see what is wrong right now. Though the reader is often useless for this as well.

Possible problems that I can see:
* Service recall U94. I had U73 done in March and have not gotten around to U94 yet. I attempted to check the catalytic converter by looking under the car and saw no evidence of fire.
* EVAP purge solenoid. Not much I can test on that one, but like I said will try to pull the OBD II code to see if I get p0456

Anyway, I like to post any problems I have to the forum to help future owners.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ran the OBD II and got the following code: P1B11

Not quite sure how my OBD II app works, but it also showed P000A, P000B, P000C, and P000D as pending.

I'll do some deep googling and report back.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"P1B11 - Drive Motor Control Module Hybrid/EV AC Voltage System Isolation Lost"
OBD Cloud - Pay As You Go Automotive Data. Powered by Autodata.

"Hybrid AC Voltage System Isolation Fault; Detects an AC voltage short to chassis"
from PDF file source

So, I better be careful not to electrocute myself, but the codes are from Saab not from Chrysler, so who knows if they are valid.

P000[A-D] seems to refer to "Cylinder Deactivation System Bank 1." So, perhaps my ICE is dead?
OBD Cloud - Pay As You Go Automotive Data. Powered by Autodata.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Anyway, I like to post any problems I have to the forum to help future owners.
Yes! It certainly sounds like you are in new territory here. Please do post what year dealer says and does to fix. I would especially like to know what the severity level is since the “loss of isolation” wording sounds somewhat ominous.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They did not address code P1B11 to me, but the P000A, P000B, P000C, and P000D all refer to Camshaft Timing issues. I think he said there are four camshafts, and they all had timing issues.

Sadly, they recommend just changing the oil and see if it comes back. My oil is fairly old, since I have not changed it 11 months. Though the system says it is still over 60%. I only have a total of 1,400 gas miles, so only about 700 miles since the last oil change.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, while they were doing the safety recall U94, part of the recall is to check the catalytic converter with a camera. And low and behold the catalytic converter is completely melted on the inside...

Not sure if it is related, but I got a 2019 Gas Pacifica to drive around today. Just got a call after closing that my vehicle is ready for pick up tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
527 Posts
They did not address code P1B11 to me, but the P000A, P000B, P000C, and P000D all refer to Camshaft Timing issues. I think he said there are four camshafts, and they all had timing issues.

Sadly, they recommend just changing the oil and see if it comes back. My oil is fairly old, since I have not changed it 11 months. Though the system says it is still over 60%. I only have a total of 1,400 gas miles, so only about 700 miles since the last oil change.
To suggest that your oil has anything to do with the check engine light is absurd...

·
Registered
22 Posts
To suggest that your oil has anything to do with the check engine light is absurd...
Russ Darrow here in Madison did the same thing to me. When I complained about a P000D code their response was "uh the STAR tech said it could be because of your oil or filter". I change the oil on time with the required weight and it is always full synthetic.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Russ Darrow here in Madison did the same thing to me. When I complained about a P000D code their response was "uh the STAR tech said it could be because of your oil or filter". I change the oil on time with the required weight and it is always full synthetic.
P000d pertains to camshaft position sensor. Ask them what oil or a filter could have to do with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm jumping on this because I just got the P000B code. Apparently the cam phasing (VVT) works on oil pressure and there are valves that tend to get jammed up when the oil is dirty. Also happens that I bought this Pacifica and the oil was technically due to change a couple of months ago but is very clean with %40 remaining. Any update to your issue?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,087 Posts
I'm jumping on this because I just got the P000B code. Apparently the cam phasing (VVT) works on oil pressure and there are valves that tend to get jammed up when the oil is dirty. Also happens that I bought this Pacifica and the oil was technically due to change a couple of months ago but is very clean with %40 remaining. Any update to your issue?
Are you saying the vehicle was due for an oil change due to time (1 year) a couple of months ago? Any reputable dealer should have done that. And if you purchased privately, and were made aware it was time, you should have jumped on that. Oil may look clean, but it only takes a little contamination to foul some valve or sensor. Especially if it might have been sitting for some time before you purchased it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought it private only a week ago. Oil change and state inspection in the works. I took for granted the mopar oil change sticker that gives it another 5,400 miles and the %40 remaining on the dash. I'm going to get it flushed ASAP and hope either this fixes the issue or Chrysler doesn't hold it against me regarding warranty coverage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts