2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
That article is about Chrysler and Dodge in Australia. I would agree Chrysler is on life support, but Dodge isnt going anywhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That article is about Chrysler and Dodge in Australia. I would agree Chrysler is on life support, but Dodge isnt going anywhere.
I have no crystal ball but does Stellantis want to introduce Citroen, Peugeot, and Opel brands unfamiliar to American buyers? Or would it just be easier to rebrand them as Dodge products?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have no crystal ball but does Stellantis want to introduce Citroen, Peugeot, and Opel brands unfamiliar to American buyers? Or would it just be easier to rebrand them as Dodge products?
Theyve tried to sell those brands, at least Peugot here before, and the majority of their products are not well suited to the American market. My guess is you wont see them here,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see that the Dodge Challenger and the Dodge Charger are on identical platforms and sharing mechanicals. The Dodge Durango is based on the Dodge Ram 150 platform. So the entire Dodge (American) line includes Ram pickups and and one automobile platform that sells two ,very similar, models I'm no Yale MBA but that does not look like an robust future for Dodge. PSA only wants the Jeep, Ram, Dodge name brand. Chrysler is in 'Code Blue' and Jeep is more foreign than American. Does it really matter? Probably not.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The Durango is on a platform shared with the Grand Cherokee, its not on the Ram truck platform. The upcoming Grand Wagoneer will be on that Ram 1500 platform

Reactions: x95stacey

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The Durango is on a platform shared with the Grand Cherokee, its not on the Ram truck platform. The upcoming Grand Wagoneer will be on that Ram 1500 platform
You are correct.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gas Granite AWD Launch Edition
151 Posts
Opel (Germany) and Peugeot (France) were both imported to the US back in the day (Peugeot was MUCH bigger).

My first car was an Opel :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts