2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,069 Posts
Agree. I read somewhere that the dealer gets something back from Chrysler Credit if you make at least 3 (or ?) payments. Maybe someone here knows for sure.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
117 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just bought 2021 pinnacle and financed with Chrysler. How long we have to be with Chrysler finance before we refinance?
Dealer might get some kickbacks if you pay 3-4 months but contractually you can refinance any day. I refinanced within 3 weeks of purchase.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So I have to ask if you finance with Chrysler credit why would you refinance the finance ?
I went through Chrysler Finance to get the full incentives ($2000?) which I wouldn’t be getting if I went with 0% offer. I refinanced later through a credit union for 1.74%.

·
Registered
2021 hybrid pinnacle Crystal black -1/28 built
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went through Chrysler Finance to get the full incentives ($2000?) which I wouldn’t be getting if I went with 0% offer. I refinanced later through a credit union for 1.74%.
May I ask you how much you paid for your car OTD and how much financed? Did dealer ask you to stay with Chrysler when you refinanced? Dealer told me that I have to stay with them four months before refinance. Otherwise, I will loose the credit. I asked of it is mentioned in the contract and he said no

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Before going to buy a car, always get pre approved and see the real rate you qualify for. You guys will be shocked by how much the dealer finance guy will add for their profit.

Reactions: MamaMac

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you got another $750 for financing with Chrysler, right? What was your dealer discount and total rebates?
Msrp is 52500 and OTD is $45125. I know I will only qualify for $3000,$2000 and $750. I just told them that if they give me $44,500 OTD then I would walk out with car. Went back and forth and settled at $45,125. Paid 3k down and 42,125 under finance. I had to hold off running my credit until Monday for some personal reason. Don’t know how munch they will come up with apr but thinking to refinance immediately withDCU for 1.74. Don’t know if I have done right thing or not or I should I have waited until I run the credit

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,069 Posts
May I ask you how much you paid for your car OTD and how much financed? Did dealer ask you to stay with Chrysler when you refinanced? Dealer told me that I have to stay with them four months before refinance. Otherwise, I will loose the credit. I asked of it is mentioned in the contract and he said no
In our case, we took advantage of FCA cash rebates and the extra rebate for financing through Chrysler Credit. And, yes, our finance guy at the dealership also told us we had to make at least 3 payments to keep the credit, but it turns out that was not true. I verified he was wrong by calling Chrysler Credit directly, but was not told about the dealer kickback until reading about it later, probably on here somewhere.

·
Registered
117 Posts
OTD was about 45.2K for Hybrid Pinnacle. Dealer did say I should make 3-4 payments before refinancing. I know that’s BS as contractually they can’t do anything.

I swapped a 2020 PacHy Ltd which I had purchased from the same dealer and refinanced in 4 weeks with no issues.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Pre approval from Chrysler Capital?
No, from your bank or a credit union. That's your base rate. You'll find that dealers will say you only qualified for a much higher rate because they make a commission on it from the lender. Its a scam really.

Reactions: MamaMac

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Especially a scam when they ask how much can you afford, not sure why people
don't perk up when a seller asks that when you're trying to negotiate a purchase from them. I walked in being preapproved and they kept trying to get me to finance at the dealer. I said "sure, I'll finance with whoever gives me the best rate" and gave them my credit score and told them to get me the best rate which wasn't anything even close to what i got with the credit union. I also walked in with a green sheet so there was no haggling on purchase price. I know they were trying to squeeze in a commission in there somewhere. I always recommend shopping around for the best rate before ever starting to shop for a large purchase.

No, from your bank or a credit union. That's your base rate. You'll find that dealers will say you only qualified for a much higher rate because they make a commission on it from the lender. Its a scam really.

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OTD was about 45.2K for Hybrid Pinnacle. Dealer did say I should make 3-4 payments before refinancing. I know that’s BS as contractually they can’t do anything.

I swapped a 2020 PacHy Ltd which I had purchased from the same dealer and refinanced in 4 weeks with no issues.
how long it took for you to refinance? was everything online?

·
Registered
117 Posts
how long it took for you to refinance? was everything online?
Yep everything was done online. I did have to talk to DCU for some verification and also clarified the 1.74% APR for plug-in hybrid vehicle. The check was sent to Chrysler Capital by priority and everything was done in 4-5 days. DCU even provides you tracking number of check if you need to follow up with Chrysler Capital.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.