2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
That’s true. That’s why the dealer pushes the manufacturer’s financing. (I’m a retired dealer)
I paid mine off immediately. I only took the financing to get the $750 rebate. The dealer lied to me and said if I didn't wait 4 months then it would mess up my ability to get my title and I'd have a big hassle due to paperwork screwups. I called CCAP and told them what he said and the rep said she was very sorry I was told that and that it was not true.

If the dealer had been honest and said "Hey, do me a favor and wait four months," I would have, if he had been otherwise good and honest. But given he lied, I paid it off quickly with relish. There was a little difficulty, in that CCAP could not find my account due to the paperwork not being received yet and not entered on the computer and my not having a loan number yet, so the representative said (different rep) he couldn't accept the payment. I just sent them a check by mail with a copy of the loan agreement. They accepted it.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
131 Posts
Msrp is 52500 and OTD is $45125. I know I will only qualify for $3000,$2000 and $750. I just told them that if they give me $44,500 OTD then I would walk out with car. Went back and forth and settled at $45,125. Paid 3k down and 42,125 under finance. I had to hold off running my credit until Monday for some personal reason. Don’t know how munch they will come up with apr but thinking to refinance immediately withDCU for 1.74. Don’t know if I have done right thing or not or I should I have waited until I run the credit
Which credit union is "dcu"?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings,

Just bought my Pacifica yesterday. The dealer gave a pretty good deal and the transaction was pretty smooth, with no b.s. They even sold the extended warranty matching Zeigler. We financed through Chrysler Capital at a rate of 5.99%. I will be paying off about 40% of it in about a month as soon as I sell my 2014 Honda Odyssey. Will refinance it with my credit union at 2.24% or maybe DCU. If I want to be nice to the dealer, I assume I could leave part of the loan there for 3 payments, so that they make some money from the deal, right?

Regards,

GHTech

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, the dealer deserves the bonus so hold on to the loan for 3 months then you can refinance.

How are you selling your Honda? If you want hassle free, try Carvana, Vroom, or KBB instant buy.
Hi triggerhappy007,

Is there a minimum amount that I should leave for that 3 month period? Looking for suggestions. I have to wait till the peeling paint on the tail gate is repainted (hopefully Honda will pay for it), and then sell. I got 2 offers from Shift and Carvana that were very good.

Regards,

GHTech

·
Registered
51 Posts
That’s true. That’s why the dealer pushes the manufacturer’s financing. (I’m a retired dealer)
Just curious does the dealer get a % commission on the size of the loan or is it a fixed amount? I'm wonderng if my dealer will give me a little more discount if I say I want to finance a higher amount but if my goal is to refi right after securing the CCAP loan will they be pissed that I took their commission away?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.