2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
There a lot of conjecture from member's on the fate of Chrysler. Here's mine: Chrysler is DOA. One model car companies don't fare well. The Pacifica will survive because it's makes FCA money, especially the high end models, but it may not go to Dodge. That's the test, do people buy your car regardless of the emblem on the grill? I think there are corporate ambitions for electric autonomous minivans and it makes sense to push for a third generation named the Stellantis Pacifica.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Stellantis isn’t going to be a brand name.

I think the Pacifica would sell fine as a Dodge. One thing Chrysler has going for is it doesnt cost them anything more to have Chrysler dealers since they’re all CJDR dealers.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
To me the refreshed grill looks more like the grill on the 300 than any dodge product.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stellantis isn’t going to be a brand name.

I think the Pacifica would sell fine as a Dodge. One thing Chrysler has going for is it doesnt cost them anything more to have Chrysler dealers since they’re all CJDR dealers.
Yes, now it’s their corporate name but It’s only a matter of time. Fiat and Renault are not a marketable brands in the US . If they decide to establish themselves in the luxury auto market what better way to announce a premier brand than splashing some extravagant corporate name on it. I would think having mobile billboards running around would be helpful in global brand identity. Dodge already has the new Caravan so I don’t see them sliding the Pacifica over there. I recently purchased a Pacifica and it wasn’t until then I discovered Chrysler is owned by Fiat. I thought Daimler still owned Chrysler because the Penastar V6 German design. It’s all up in the air isn’t it?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
484 Posts
I recently purchased a Pacifica and it wasn’t until then I discovered Chrysler is owned by Fiat. I thought Daimler still owned Chrysler because the Penastar V6 German design. It’s all up in the air isn’t it?
If you follow the corporate ladders to the top, 2 people own the whole world. :p

·
Registered
704 Posts
I highly doubt we will ever see "Stellantis" as a car brand

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Perhaps but I think it's inevitable but the name may be shorten to Stella .
That's my beer brand!

PS. Just for the record, Stella is okay, but not my favorite. It makes me want to wear a muscle shirt and yell at my wife. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
704 Posts
I don't think you'll see any new brands. Jeep will handle their high end luxury SUVs, and thats where the money is. They're not going to be developing any luxury branded cars, manufacturers are cancelling them left and right. Dodge exists for the mainstream stuff, the Pacifica is just kind of hanging out there.

Reactions: x95stacey

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tesla suggests your wrong Steve. Plus the resurgence of ultra luxury brands like Rolls, Jaguar and Maserati are brands that came back from the dead and currently thriving. What do all these cars have in common? $$$$

·
Super Moderator
1,984 Posts
They are not going to introduce any new brand names. An opposite may happen- a slightly modified Peugeot may be imported and sold under a familiar brand name.

Peugeot 5008 will become Jeep Grand Freedom Fires

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, I could see that happen. Nice looking car. Redesign a Jeep type grill and that would look at home in any Jeep dealership.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Tesla suggests your wrong Steve. Plus the resurgence of ultra luxury brands like Rolls, Jaguar and Maserati are brands that came back from the dead and currently thriving. What do all these cars have in common? $$$$
Tesla is an unusual situation, its a completely different type of vehicle and a completely different buyer. If you look at sales across the entire industry, sedans are way down and utilities are way up. The money and the future is in utilities, and FCA has been investing in the Jeep brand for an all new Grand Cherokee, a three row version of that, and a full-sized luxury body on frame SUV for Jeep as well. It doesnt make any sense for them to try and develop an all new brand and develop car models for that brand, when that segment is not a growth segment.

Rolls was never "among the dead", and is also a completely different type of vehicle. All of those brands are also established brands, not new brands. Its really hard to get a new brand off the ground, takes a huge commitment and investment and I dont see Stellantis doing that when they have so many brands to work with already.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
If you follow the corporate ladders to the top, 2 people own the whole world. :p
Elon Musk may be the third person in the near future. :D.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
484 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tesla is an unusual situation, its a completely different type of vehicle and a completely different buyer. If you look at sales across the entire industry, sedans are way down and utilities are way up. The money and the future is in utilities, and FCA has been investing in the Jeep brand for an all new Grand Cherokee, a three row version of that, and a full-sized luxury body on frame SUV for Jeep as well. It doesnt make any sense for them to try and develop an all new brand and develop car models for that brand, when that segment is not a growth segment.

Rolls was never "among the dead", and is also a completely different type of vehicle. All of those brands are also established brands, not new brands. Its really hard to get a new brand off the ground, takes a huge commitment and investment and I dont see Stellantis doing that when they have so many brands to work with already.
Those are all reasonable assumptions and that's a likely 3-5 year view. Anything beyond that I think we need to factor in SAIC Motor Corporation Limited which is the the largest Chinese automaker enlisted in the Fortune 500 Global list? The Covid crisis? Autonomous driver-less cargo and freight trucks? I think everything will change and it will be rapid. They just can't continue to let 4 billion people independently maneuver around and keep traffic flowing. Auto brands will continue to disappear being replaced by a technology driven industry rather than a manufacturing industry. I believe that within 20 years the auto landscape will look entirely different.

·
Registered
2018 Limited | Velvet Red Pearl, Black/ Diesel| Build date 06/2018
61 Posts
The future is 100% CUV/SUVs and pickups. Sedans and “minivans” are dead or dying. The “minivan” concept will morph into a more rugged Multi Person Vehicle. Look at the 2022 Kia Sedona/Carnival, they are calling it a Grand Utility Vehicle. Personally, I think that’s a lame name, but I can see where they are going with it. The Pacifica could totally toughen up a little bit and be turned into a Dodge, maybe a Jeep? Or dare I say….. a RAM? With a calculated tweek to the appearance I think the Pacifica can totally change clothes and get a new badge. I think I’d be good with that.

Or, Dodge could do what I’ve wanted for YEARS and bring back the Magnum (which BTW I traded mine in to get my Pac. It was an ’06 SXT with 272k miles. LOVED that thing!) Anyway, lift-up the design and make it more into a Crossover and BAM! now you have another MPV option. Magnum for sporty crossover and Pacifica for luxurious multi passenger transport. Maybe resurrect the Aspen name for something in the middle.

·
Registered
704 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts